Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I Been Playing for a Month and..

Discussion in 'Release 49 Feedback Forum' started by Zeddicus Zorander, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

I really like this game and appreciate all the hard work that the devs and creative teams have put into it. However I was discussing a few things with a friend about the game we'd like to see and I'd like to address them now.

More dynamic game play such as monsters invading towns.

Add an element of fear to the game...maybe adjusting PVP zones to give a higher XP gain.

Add the ability to do traditional MMO quests definitely not a requirement nor part of the main story.

maybe limit the amount of GMs a player can get to 15-20.

Make GM skills something of a true accomplishment and title similar to UO, right now it seems like anyone can GM a skill and there is no wow factor in it. Maybe even make weapons/armor crafted by a GM crafter have a special makermark.

More content such as treasure maps, random conflicts between towns that have a consequence for picking a side, Fishing message in a bottle, meaningful world events, seer(Portalarium employee) created events, etc.

More out of the way treasure and secret caches and/or doors that lead to special places, events, treasures, content, Randomized so that it's entirely new content and to be not farmable and spoiler proof.

Ability to go underwater and explore underwater caverns and special areas.

Fix mob drops, have risk/reward pay off such as fighting a reaper drop something of value guaranteed for fighting it solo especially.

To be continued and modified upon revelations...these are the ideas from a person who has played for 30 days and may not have played all aspects of the game so please be aware of my ignorance.

Thanks.

Zeddicus

Astirian, OrionSnake, Numa and 20 others like this.
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Absolutely!!!
    More Rowing Encounters with different stages. I just encountered a Darksarr Corpion, but no Dragon in a Plains Stag Encounter appears
    its already +10% xp Bonus in PvP Zones
    that would be super cool, but you have no sympathie here for things like that, only few people would like Caps - unfortunately.
    vote4!!!

very good feedback.

have fun - Stun

Numa, Johnwick, Chatele and 1 other person like this.
  3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Great feedback Zed!

Some of that stuff is already on the backlog so you will eventually see some of that. Probably not at launch, but certainly some day.

4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Really, most of that has been discussed long ago and either it's not going to happen soon because it would take too much time to develop while they're trying to get Release to happen, or it was already decided not to do that, like a hard limit on GMs.

They are trying to do what they can with decay about the few dozen people who already have dozens of GMs, but are focusing more on preventing that from continuing to happen in the future with things like the XP per hour cap.

5. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

@Elwyn like I said in my last sentence, "..these are the ideas from a person who has played for 30 days and may not have played all aspects of the game so please be aware of my ignorance."

Solazur and Chatele like this.
  6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I think he was actually praising you. Your review is pretty good and you captured pretty quickly a lot of things most people would like to see and hope to see them implement as they continue on. Great review!

Numa, Johnwick, Chatele and 1 other person like this.
  7. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

I should be more clear with this, I'd like there to be more reward for flagging yourself PVP other than just XP... XP was just the first thing that popped into my mind. I would like to have that old feeling of excitement that the original UO had when you were sitting at the bank sorting your goods that stuff might be stolen from you from a thief so you took extra precautions... I think sometimes MMOs nowadays lack that feeling of risk entirely... there is no real risk of loss in the game other than loosing a bit of XP at high levels. I'm having a hard time to explain myself but I hope I got some of it out.

8. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

I really want to see this change in the game, GM blacksmith should be like OMG you're amazing and every point after GM should be godly. Maybe we can do this with special recipes or work on obtaining a special type of GM blacksmithing ... like Legendary Katana Crafter that you are able to become by mastering all types of bladed items and specifically practicing extra hard on Katanas... You are one of ten people on the whole server who makes Legendary maker marked Katanas and people will travel far and wide to put in an order for a special katana that takes a real week time to craft.

Thanks for listening,
    Zeddicus

9. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Basically make it more like UO, please and thank you!

Johnwick and Korim Rackham like this.
  10. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

Yes sort of but not really..I know the game will never be exactly like UO but I'd assume 75% of us are Ex-UO players who want a similar game play but upgraded and different.

11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

please don't assume that. there are many of us who were fans of the original standalone series who had no interest in UO or any mmo.

Solazur, Chatele and Elwyn like this.
  12. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

THIS!

13. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

That in itself is an assumption :) Anyway I don't want this thread to be combative or insulting in anyway... I love you man lets be cool! I apologize if my assumption infuriated you enough to type a semi-negative response. Let's make this thread helpful, constructive, and a source of inspiration to make the game the best it can possibly be! <3

-Zedd

Beazlebob and Chatele like this.
  14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

i played a lot of sandbox open ffa pvp full loot games, ok not many, because there not so many games, but until there is no hard cap and restrictions and moral and justice system and all that what makes it wortwile, i am glad that i dont have to compete with those who do nothing else than playing games the whole day, the whole week, month, years...
    There are "exclusive" PvP Scenes, beautiful to see, there is Loot you can only get by going there, ok not that much, but there is for example the Spawn of Sobek.

the first and most important thing to make it like UO is HARD CAPS and make PK something that has consequences!!!

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @Zeddicus Zorander. I like your ideas and welcome to Shroud of the Avatar. I do think we will see a lot of your ideas come to pass. Underwater I don't know about but we never know for sure. I wish for this too. Boating is suppose to come in episode 2 so who knows if that would be a time to give us some underwater world. ;) Lots of requests for treasure hunting and the Devs have said they want to do this. Fishing got pushed until after release but we have been pushing for it to get more attention and development forever. It will get its turn as well. I really don't know what they will eventually do about GMs. It is difficult to say. I agree we do need more of a feeling of accomplishments. As could be done with an achievement system that included rewards of titles, points, and items. We just have to keep reminding the Devs of things. Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback about the game. It really does make a difference. I am Majoria in game if I can do anything to help. *cheers*
    Edited typo

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    Chatele likes this.
  16. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I think it would be a very good idea to just speak for yourselves and let others chime in with whether they agree or not agree. For myself, I agree with basically 100% of your list of stuff you wish was in game, lots of those features have been requested before and some the features the devs have OKAY'd already for future content updates.

I really like the treasure maps idea if they could figure out how to automate the system some of the times it'd be a win/win. My thought would be lower level/easier treasure hunts could be automated and legendary ones could be hand tailor made maybe. Or just give the players themselves the tools to create these quests utilizing PoTs and player owned NPC lots. (which I think the devs really want to do for all types of quests eventually) Give the tools to the players, to create the "endless" content.

Johnwick and Beazlebob like this.
  17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

To be fair, in 30 days he summarized the essence of the past three years of the most discussed feature requests on this forum.

Numa, Johnwick and Zeddicus Zorander like this.
  18. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

aye, agreed!

Zeddicus Zorander likes this.
  19. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Johnwick likes this.
  20. Beazlebob

Beazlebob Avatar

I think there should be a cap on the total XP that can be put into your crafting skills, not quite enough to GM in two trees, so that everyone who wants to craft has to find others that they can utilise and support. you could be a jack of all trades making and supplying components, or a master craftsman in one field only, relying on others to supply you with the components to either create and master-work or enchant the final item.
    Also it seems to me that a novice should not be able to repair an item that they don't have the skills to create themselves without a major loss of durability. This would help to encourage "master and apprentice" or "knight and squire" type of relationships to be formed in game.

Just on another separate issue, ....... How about some low cost Gypsy caravans, enough storage for a swag and perhaps 4 chests, and a small outdoor brazier that allows you to cook the simpler recipes.
    Small lots in towns that can be claimed on a temporary basis, perhaps enough room for your wagon and 50 planting pots, rent free for two days, then you get fined for rent and each day with the fine increasing, forcing you to leave and not return to that town for perhaps a year, making you seek out another town to camp in.
    Could be great fun for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.