Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I Been Playing for a Month and..

Discussion in 'Release 49 Feedback Forum' started by Zeddicus Zorander, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beazlebob

Beazlebob Avatar

Like most of your ideas Zebb, but I'm not sure I want it that much like real life.
    In real life you can't trust the banker not to rob you.
    If you make it so you can be robbed, then what should be the penalty if someone is caught robbing you?
    I wonder ...... 12 months ban from the game perhaps, ..... or perhaps the total deletion of their character. "Hung, drawn, and quartered".
    In real life there is always the risk of consequences.

2. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

I also want to add there are alot of us that absolutely hated the standalone ultimas (raises hand!) Me. I loved the the risk vs reward in UO, i loved the crafting in UO, i loved the skill caps in UO, i also loved the fact that you had to pick a certain type of class in UO. Thats just a few of the things i loved about UO.
    I played one ultima stand alone game in my life and i threw it in the trash! So dont assume either, that there are many of us that like the Ultima series! Thats just my opinion and theres really no need to argue over that. some of us liked UO, some of us liked Ultima. i respect what choice others made and im glad they enjoyed it! I get bored with this game! Its like another job! I dont need one of them i already have one, when i get home i want to relax and play a video game. I just started playing Dragon age Origins again, the story line and everything is much better than this game, except the fact its not multi player! Yep SOTA got that right!
    Now if this game was only single player i would understand the need to be everything, have everything etc... As it is now i really dont need anyone else in the game because i can do anything they can myself. Once again if it was a single player game only, i would understand their great visions!

3. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

I would love to have an option to set up a small encampment with a few of my friends wherever in the wilderness (flagged PVP of course) the surprise of other pvps deciding to attack my encampment would be awesome! :)

4. Johnwick

Johnwick Avatar

LOL how bout a bounty on that person! Or jailtime where they would have to pay to get out of jail, or be broken out by the rest of thier outlaw friends :) this type of stuff would make the game much more exciting!

5. Beazlebob

Beazlebob Avatar

Bounty points could work. if you attack or rob someone with no bounty you end up with bounty points on your head, but if you attack or rob someone with a bounty on their head, you are either rewarded (if you have no bounty on you) or bounty points are removed from you (if you are carrying a bounty).
    Bit like the black /white shroud thing.

The bounty could be based on the value of what you have stolen.
    That would be double the reward a "Whitecloak" would get for attacking and killing you.
    Each kill only reduces your current bounty by 50% each time, so it would take multiple kills to reduce your bounty to zero.
    This would also keep thieves fighting amongst themselves and unlikely to trust each other enough to form permanent bands.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    Zeddicus Zorander likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.