Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I can't find anyone selling the item I broke, so I'll have to craft my own

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by redfish, Jun 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

@SmokerKGB,

Like I said above, I don't think something like a search engine, even if it is just localized to the town, would help... we would just end up with more of those "junk bin" vendors where people dump all their left over stuff on a vendor, a little bit of everything. A search system would encourage that because it would make it easier to do and still get customers.

We want to design a system to encourage people to specialize in a certain type of shop, and advertise to get customers. With the kinds of systems I mentioned. Not only would a search system harm that, it would also just be a bandaid to cover up a lack of tools in the game to help the player economy. Lack of means of advertisement, lack of a good job order system, etc.

*Wrong way to go.* Definitely wrong way to go.

On the other hand, if a player makes himself known as a tailor, by setting up a tailoring shop, he won't have to say to a customer "Oh, I'm a tailor not a smith, sorry." *Much less complicated for the player*. Then the player could put a smith order on a smith without worrying about whether he's a smith or a tailor.

I may or may not be Elmo. I have many names in many worlds.

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

@SmokerKGB,

Also, besides which, the less people make "junk bin" vendors, the more likely they'll seek out buyers for their junk material. So instead of someone putting ore on his vendor when he's a tailor, he'll seek out a blacksmith to sell it to, and then just make his shop a tailoring shop. And instead of a blacksmith putting thread on his vendor when he's a blacksmith, he'll seek out a tailor to sell it to, and make his shop a blacksmithing shop.

I think discouraging junk vendors is necessary for the economy to work.

It would be short sighted to have a vendor search feature.

3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Get some scrap metal. That will reduce the ore count.

Miracle Dragon and Time Lord like this.
  4. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Well we'd need a Crafter sign also for selling "Materials of all types" or for "Selling Nodes" etc I want to be able to post a sign or a message for my vendor for what he/she sells, Like "Miscellaneous Goods, or Bows selling here" etc I would have to be able to change the name when ever I change what I am selling...

Time Lord and SmokerKGB like this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

I think they'd need a lot of signs available for players, and could probably seek input from the community on what signs to create. I'd like to start a Provisioners, for example, so would want a Provisioners sign.

In the worst case scenario, they could allow people putting up more than one sign on a shop, advertising two trades.

Time Lord and Miracle Dragon like this.
  6. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I think maybe they should change clothing & have a different tool in their hands... Miner would have a pick & head lamp, Miller an axe, Tailor a fabric rule around their neck, etc... A selection menu for us to chose from would put on the different attires... Male & Female too...

7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, we need the ability to customize vendors, so blacksmith vendors could look like smiths, etc.

8. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Some basic vendor skins available in-game, in a clothing shop, some possibly craftable.. and then some specialty skins available for purchase in the add-on store?

Time Lord and Noric like this.
  9. Noric

Noric Avatar

Sounds logical enough to me.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, although the whole process would probably make more sense if you went to some place to contract a vendor for hire and selected through a bunch that are generated for you. Appearances, names, trades. The same thing could be used for hirelings. So you would find a different set of hirelings with different combat skills and so on. But, at any rate, that would make the process less about 'dressing' and 'skinning' vendors, and more about hiring them. Though, further customization options would probably be wanted by people who wanted to create certain "characters" for their POTs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.