I can't kill Gael, Lord of Air [The Breach]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, May 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I get it down to like 10% - 25% of it's health and then it leashes and fully heals by the time it reaches home. This happened 8 or 9 times before I finally gave up. Really not fun.

2. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

For fights like this I start dragging the mob back towards its spawn point about half way through the battle

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I do that continuously throughout the fight. There's something in the terrain where I step (maybe multiple places) that causes mobs to leash.

FBohler likes this.
  4. Coswald_Dirthmire

If you can find the exact spot you might be able to get the /loc and report it. There's a few places things like this happens, I think usually because of navmesh errors.

Anpu likes this.
  5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Are you pulling him somewhere to fight him or are you fighting him more or less in the area where he spawns?
    I've seen him do this when I try to fight him up against the building (to discourage aggro from other things) but haven't really seen him do what you describe when fighting him "at his spot." Unless he's running you around an awful lot. Suspect there's probably a bit of bad terrain as Coswald says, usually way to find it is to find where it blocks your ability to place a ground AoE for no discernable reason (at least in my experience.).

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm keeping it around the spawn area but I have to keep moving.

FBohler and kaeshiva like this.
  7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Hm, I dunno. Usually we run up and bash him where he's stood. He tries to kite us a "bit" but there's usually limited chasing. I got nothing =(

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's probably navmesh issues as @Coswald_Dirthmire said. The same thing was happening in Spindelskog.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Also, I killed every other air elemental (13k health each) that I could find in the area and only got one common Suutak's Bluster. The drop rate for Suutak's Bluster is way too low. In fact, the loot on these very high level and dangerous creatures is just pathetic. I mean, five gold, common!

FrostII, Ancev and FBohler like this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If you can identify the areas with the possibly bad navmesh please report that exact location using the /bug command and bug report those, so they can fix them.

Those can actually be identified (?) by using an AOE and it not allowing you to cast them at the location as Shim stated above.

Barugon and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  11. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Not even a rusty spoon?

Barugon likes this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The whole elemental loot drops have always been a what in the he’ll kind of thing…..

Barugon and FBohler like this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Anyone know if a decent place to get Suutak's Blusters?

14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Crafter's Town or Silverdale Market?

Barugon likes this.
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

[edit] Actually, I did find some (common) that were 5k each and bought them all. I still need more though.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
    Garfunkel Humperdinck likes this.
  16. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

Can try the Wells of Aldur. Think I got all mine there. From the 2nd entrance platform, two platforms away right before the wyvern platform. A few air elementals also spawn on the platform next to 2nd entrance platform, but it drains your mana so difficult to solo if you rely on mana. However if need water elemetals and the spell, can possibly get there as well.

Barugon likes this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Why is it that air elementals are either tier 5 or tier 14 and there's no in-between?

Anpu likes this.
  18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Seems to be all elementals, not just air. Not that that justifies it. At a guess, because the devs lost interest in making content for anybody but tippity top players a long time ago. I thought maybe when they added tech for scaled scenes we might see an end to that, but then they decided to just use it to scale scenes up from t10. When they remember to at all.

Barugon likes this.
  19. Coswald_Dirthmire

I agree T6 toT10 content is a bit lacking, but at the same time:

R101: World improvements in zones rated T5, T5, T10, T5, T5, SBO, T3, T5, T10, T6.
    R100: Introduced a T10 Zone, added Big Cats to zones T3-T18
    R99: Improvements in zones rated T3, T4, T5, amongst others
    R98: Big Cats added to zones rated T3-T14. Improvements made to zones T1+
    R97: Big Cats added to zones rated T3-T10. Improvements in zones T3+
    R96: Ancient Undead added to zones rated T3-T10

Everyone will always want more content added for whatever level they are at, but "tippity-top" players honestly have few challenging places to go. E2 content is naturally aimed at higher level players but I've always been very impressed with the devs' commitment to improving and adding more E1 and low to mid level content. It's the mid to high level content that I think needs the most bolstering, but high level content isn't far behind in needing new and interesting challenges.

But yes, mid-to-high level content (T6-T10) is still somewhat lacking. Granted this is more in name than in fact... a lot of T5-T6 zones have some higher level surprises and a lot of T8-T12 zones have some lower level enclaves. The devs seem to put out content at a very impressive rate, and as someone who starts level 1 characters on a regular basis I have to say the content ramp going from AL1 to AL100 is smoother and more consistent than ever.

My experience is that given the rate of incoming XP these days and the mobs that drop it, most folks that hit T5 content and are playing regularly will get enough XP to be on to T10 content and above in a reasonable period. I do hope to see content at that level fleshed out more of course, perhaps by repurposing many of the lower level zones, but I can hardly fault the devs when they're still actively improving those zones on a nearly monthly basis.

20. Yigg Endimion

Yigg Endimion Avatar

air boss should always drop an uncommon, imho. only 2-3 places you can find an air boss, wells, breach, another zone i cant recall offhand. air ele is still meh...lol, but for those blusters..safest bet is in a low tier zone. most ppl wont bother for blusters...except ppl making attune shrines, you can get more from other items.

FBohler and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.