I do not get it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drilikath, Feb 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

I have had to sit back and listen how the company needs money, and they need more players, such hard push for new players, because game is sinking. Then the company finally has a chance to make some money, and they just say never mind. 50% if not more of these new POT are not even going to go past Hold Fast. LOSS of 10k minimum. But they really need more money..

The next person, staff, whoever that gives me the answer that the company needs money, I will forever link back to the decision that they do not require players to pay for the product....

Added Link*
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/mistrendur-land-rush-guidance.162036/

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    arcdevil, Gwendolyn Obscuro and CICI like this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Could you link back to it right now? What exactly are you talking about?

Cordelayne likes this.
  3. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I dont know in what thread this happened (probably the new landrush thread), but people who had purchased new pots for Episode two had paid a portion (let's say 500$ out of the total of 900$, with the extra 400$ payable on launch of Episode 2 pots). Now, they do not need to pay that extra 400$, unless they upgrade the size of their POTs, so any Episode 2 bought pots that stay at the smallest will have received almost 50% off.

Adam Crow likes this.
  4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Ahhh thanks. I didn't realize that. Seemed weird that they didn't charge the "full" price up front in the first place. The strange implementation of all this was the main reason why I never even considered purchasing a new town.

5. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

This here @Adam Crow

Adam Crow likes this.
  6. CICI

CICI Avatar

$400 x 50 = $20,000

Drilikath, Girlsname and Cordelayne like this.
  7. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

For sure, that is why I said 1/2 will not go past Holdfast. The other 50% I just figured in they would upgrade, and pay the fee, But if it is done with cotos, they still lost the new money....

CICI likes this.
  8. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

We all understand SotA needs money to survive because it's an indy game. When I bought my POT I knew this was a funding method and was dreading that extra $400 payment. My guess is they realized as we get closer many who invested in that initial deposit either aren't playing anymore or will not pony up another $400. This is a shrewd business decision because chances are they'll make more money through town upgrades. If I have to spend another $400 just to get started I'm less likely to spend money on upgrades to pretty my town up.

Today my money is much tighter so this news was a happy bonus for me. I already spend lots of money each month on SOTA.

Sara Dreygon, Numa and Elgarion like this.
  9. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Your lack of funds should have made it not come online then, not just give something for nothing, while the rest of us already Paid....

Also had from 2018 to save the funds for this KNOWN fee.

I understand Money situations, But then you should not invest money in a video game, as you stated to be dumping in monthly $$.

10. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

I paid my $500 for the EPS2 POT. I've since stopped playing. Did not want to spend $400 more. I also did not want to let the POT go so that Portnip could then sell it again for more money. Figured I would spend the $400 and then sell the POT for like $500. But now with this "shrewd" business decision on Portnips' part, I don't have to spend/do anything.

arcdevil likes this.
  11. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

I was simply saying it was a nice bonus. My real point was to say this was probably a calculated decision on their part to make more money. The cool thing for you is now you can spend your extra saved money on upgrading your town. Now you get MORE town for your money.

Numa likes this.
  12. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

I read this too. I went to my account page to see what it would cost to upgrade from a Holdfast to a Hamlet. It should have been around $950... It wasn't. The upgrade cost is not rolling the $400 charge back in there. They messed that up too.

arcdevil likes this.
  13. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Hey man, look, I understand you are upset, but A. It is a decision that can give them good rep, and then incite others to spend, seeing this "for the community" descision. B. Don't attack the players, and don't patronise them... Sure, Parson might be tight now, even though he had 2 years to plan ahead, but who are you to tell him that, and who are you to decide what he should and should not do? I'm pretty sure if Parson (and others) were asked to put the extra 400$ in, they would put it in, some might just take a few extra weeks/months, and just not see their pot for that extra time.

You are allowed to be upset, but don't turn that against the players who got a nice gift from a company that is often criticized for being money hungry...

Mhtic, Cordelayne, Elnoth and 4 others like this.
  14. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Well stated.

And yes, please keep this thread (and all communication on the forums) kind and considerate to others. We all have our opinions, and we must share them politely or they will not be welcome on our venues.

Mhtic, K1000, Mal Hari and 1 other person like this.
  15. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

I already paid $7500 for my Municipality. Owned it for Years. I have got nothing but the shaft from being a backer.

arcdevil and Xiones like this.
  16. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Opinion noted. Locking thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.