Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I don't want to kill babies!

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Kara Brae, Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noric

Noric Avatar

It does make sense for beginner level monsters to be less than developed - though i do agree that the word choice is poor. My personal preference to replace baby is "juvenile".

Kara Brae likes this.
  2. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Ah yes, the starving orphans of Hythloth who skewered their own bodies on my spear to escape the Underworlds tortures...

Delicious!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

As King Gariott said : That worked for getting people to talk about the game back in the day... but times have changed.

It's called "new britannia" :)

I'll have to retire from the forums for a while... I just noticed theres a forum rule against me giving this type of ethical feedback and talking about the days that changed my life when I was playing Richard's games back in high school. Supposedly noone wants to hear about all that...

I'm really the only person that rule can apply to, so I guess its time I took the message... :(

Peace everyone, I hope to see you in game :)

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  4. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

How about 'toddler crocs'? or 'estuarines'

Zoo keepers say baby crocs and alligators are called 'hatchlings' or 'grunts'. I think both of those are quite appealing names to use.

It might be important to note that while the eggs are incubating, if the temperature drops below 86 degrees F, they will all be female, if it stays above 93 degrees F, they will all be male.. so ideally, the nest will stay an average of 90 degrees F, for a mixture of genders.

Noric, Alley Oop and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  5. Taze

Taze Avatar

I'm just waiting for the Baby Seals to start spawning in the Frozen Tundra Maps and the Icy Maps that will be coming out, now that will be some forum drama.

Retro and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  6. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Don't worry about the forum rules. Just do what everyone else does: pretend to be sorry. :p

7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

It's easy to say when the rule wasn't made just for you :p

8. Noric

Noric Avatar

I like hatchlings - I'm not sure grunts would make sense to people unless they looked it up.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  9. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Then don't. In game, and in real life, just because you can doesn't mean that you should. Or have to, for that matter.

Where are these babies? I've seen "small" but not "baby". If I did see "baby" I must have ignored it as a non-threat and moved on.

Alley Oop likes this.
  10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Where, oh where did I see them? North Celestial Wetlands maybe? I didn't make a note of the location, but I haven't been to many swamps recently with my beginner character. I've only seen one living one. All the rest were already dead when I came across them. :(

11. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

So much for the virtue of compassion huh... the animals are affected by magic so lets kill them to provide releif... very logical...

12. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

How about "fun size" crocs?

13. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

East Perennial Trail is where I saw them.

4EverLost and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  14. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Ironically I almost got killed by one last night, all it should have done is me laughing at it trying to pierce my magic metal armor while breaking its teeth :/

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  15. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

"Baby Crocodile" has been renamed to "Caiman" for R24. Fixed... but it still tastes like chicken.

16. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Noooo, I liked this baby, was a cute tamed pet. Now it is an ugly caiman.

17. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Seems caiman are the least endangered of the crocodile/alligator family. I will have to work on depopulating them in Novia....

majoria70 and Elwyn like this.
  18. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

+1 for killing babies. The cuter the critter, the sweeter the meat.

Shroud of the Cupcakes.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  19. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

1. yes it is
    2. yes you can

To clarify: murder is the act of taking another life of the same species without provocation forcing self preservation... killing is the act of taking another life of any species regardless of the cause.

I believe you meant to say murder but I don't think you can murder a different species. I believe fully that 90% of the modernized world is ignorant as to where their burgers, steak and eggs, pastrami, salami, chicken salad, tuna sandwich, and dope bacon come from... but it's from a animal that was killed NOT in self defense (in nearly every case for modern civilization). Self preservation and self defense are two different things... to be clear.

As you're playing a video game that will be pressuring you to make choices and track your virtues (it's got LB's name on it) and it seems the plot is about trying to break those virtues (SotA: Forsaken Virtues) I'm guessing the baby crocs are the tip of the iceberg for what you'll face. Just get ready ;)

I personally look forward to it but I'm very disappointed that the locals, no matter how much reputation and rapport you build with them, will not give you supporting information on if you're being honorable/virtuous or not. I personally do not like visiting the oracle because I think she's void of virtue and her guidance is misguidance and I've not even read the book yet so there's no intentional spoiler here ... just a bias.

Anyway, you're a good player from what I've noticed so I hope you stick through it and learn to embrace these choices between good, neutral, and evil being tossed out for a test of virtues. It's much more exciting and engaging than the average DND simulation and is way more granular because you can have two goods compete at every corner! :D

20. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Aww, now you have to create cute baby crocs (even smaller) and make them non agressive so @Sindariya can rub their backs and make them purr... or whatever is the sound they do :)

No easy band-aid fixes haha :p

BTW I like how I got surprised by that... caiman... , very nice idea makes you think twice about taking the shortcut in the swamp when you're redlined and running away from ruffians :)

Miracle Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.