Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I hate that you can´t keep free camera mode anymore

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Myrcello, Aug 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Hello all.

Am i maybe missing something. Is there a way to free your camera move again and i just am not finding it.

I know i did say this Feedback already in other threads, but no Response. so i try it again. Sorry. :)

Movement and looking around is a "essential" freedom we Players Need.
    For me personally i feel currently more retricted then not being able to jump like in the early released.
    This free camera movement was good and awesome. Why take it away from us!
    You look around all the time. It is a essential during gaming.

Even if i am a Mage or a Archer i understand that my Avatar Needs to face the combat direction, even if i decide to look at the combat from the side, front , left or whatever freedom " I as a gamer" decide.

I even find myself suddenly looking the wrong direction because of this Change in combat.

I do not want to look always at the backhead of my Avatar. I hate this sudden restriction.
    I tend to Play like others with moving my view away from the back during combat also.

Also during normal uncombat gaming i truly miss the old Version of "unconnected" camera and running Option.

Is there a Logical reason why this was implended? I do not see one. Or is it a Bug?

Should i Report it as a bug. Or has it to do with using Free Attack Mode?

I really dream of being able againg to feel the freedom like back in R18 , or was it R19 of having Control of how i look at my Avatar, no matter what i am currently doing.

Or maybe a Feedback or someone just giving me a why this has to be this way? What is the why?

Did i miss a huge thread with some requesting this "restriction"

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  2. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

Agreed. Also, it's very frustrating to get killed multiple times simply because the auto-attack enable has changed to be unreliable and clumsy. A big step backwards as far as combat being fun.

Myrcello, smack and Katrina Bekers like this.
  3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I find this weird too.. to use the camera as a way to direct your attack damage? I miss looking at the battle in different angles, and when I forget the new change, I am missing many attacks because I have turned myself a different direction.

Myrcello and smack like this.
  4. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Furthermore, having to watch the entire fight from behind my avatar, or else she'd just forget to attack her opponent, at times the two health bars overlap, mix and match, swap between yours and enemy's, and the same for the "damage streams"; this renders the combat extremely confused and unintelligible.

Definitely a step back, along other annoying details (like receiving 4x as much attacks as doing)...

5. sake888

sake888 Avatar

I just came into the game on the last day of R20 and this was one of the few things I noticed that I didn't care for. To hear that you could rotate the camera view as desired in earlier builds makes me wonder why that feature was ever changed?

Myrcello likes this.
  6. smack

smack Avatar

This is actually intentional, from the R21 Instructions:
    Chris responded to this issue here, so it looks like they'll improve it some way.

Myrcello likes this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

And sometimes you have to look at your combat from a different angle, because the normal camera view is obstructed.

I don't like this for free attack either, its not just a problem with auto-attack.

Katrina Bekers and Myrcello like this.
  8. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Thx for the link. I truly hope so.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.