Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I have a problem with the forum itself

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by Lord Brutish, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Brutish

Lord Brutish Avatar

I suddenly started receiving messages about a random topic and my inbox was soon filled with followup messages. I go here to shut off email followups:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?account/contact-details

And when I hit 'save' I get an error message saying, "Your existing password is not correct". As a result, none of my changes are saved. Can you please fix this error?

Lord Beaumaris likes this.
  2. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi Lord Brutish,

Apologies about the spam :(. Did this start occurring without you even logging into the forums, liking posts, responding to posts, etc?

Thanks,
    Berek

3. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I bet that is a legacy issue when the forums and the main account page had independent fields for setting a password, eventually they caused most changes to be through the main account page but the page you are referencing may work off a prior password and returns the error. I also cannot change the settings on that page and it would be nice if it was fixed.

That "random topic" that is sending you emails however, if you go to that thread you should be able to go to the top right above the first post in that topic. You may have accidentally clicked "watch thread" and you can click "unwatch thread" and stop getting the notifications.

Lord Beaumaris likes this.
  4. Lord Brutish

Lord Brutish Avatar

I think the problem is solved.

Would it be possible to fix the email issue so we could click a link in the email to unsubscribe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.