I have decided to have fun again!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aldo, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I am going crazy. Stacking, Combos, Charging, I mean it's all I do anymore. From here on out if it takes more than a single click, I refuse to use it. I am going to RP a simpleton single click dude. I will eat, I will jump in the devotional pool, and single click to adventure. And by the way, we need a skill for dying. I am getting real good at it. It is about time that we gain experience for dying. I am tired of playing all night just to net a couple thousand experience points. I promise not to take the skill over 100, so no need to call me an elite.

In all seriousness.... Charging, Combos, and stacking is getting a little ridiculous. Little by little we are losing the joy of a good fight. Ducking out here and there to charge, watching the little icons upper left, lower bottom, upper right, and so on. I really am pretty good at it and can be successful with this mode, but darn it I am having less and less fun to be honest. We need to step back and simplify, not continue to make the game more and more complex.

Net, Tetsu Nevara, Cordelayne and 3 others like this.
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

The Charge System takes away a lot of deckbuildung and playerskill to fight in my eyes.

If it becomes all too easy, it becomes boring.

Lord Halvard Fimbultyr and Aldo like this.
  3. Mototopo

Mototopo Avatar

A dying skill .... well it could be funny, maybe related not on the experience but on the (playtime/rate of death) so at least you can have a gm , maybe a title like "fearless" "imanewbie" "arrowfood"
    For example in extremly serious competition like the "Tour of Italy" bicycle race there is the "Pink shirt" for the first in the ranking but also the "Black shirt" for the last.
    What about a cloak with the image of the fearsome "killer chicken" of the fearless "ImaNewbie" char and the L.O.S.E.R.S. guild

[​IMG]

ps: for reference http://www.imanewbie.com/

4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I dunno. The combat system has really grown on me over time. I do think a lot of things are OP with the latest changes, but I still like the mechanic and the strategic element of combat and deck construction.

On the other hand, I know just what you mean and I still sometimes use a very simple deck where I just mash a button and spam whatever attacks pop up. It's not very efficient, but it's a lot less straining and the game play feels a lot different when I am focused on the environment around me instead of tiles and bars.

It'd be great if it were easier to have the best of both worlds somehow.

Aldo likes this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

yeah playing the game in now mostly just gaming the play . . .

I
    T
    Y
    S

Ahuaeynjgkxs and discipleofweb like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

That's cool to decide to have fun. I remember how much fun I had playing Ultima Online. I was going through a difficult time in my personal life some struggles and changes happening and then bam I found a brand new venue. ;)

So when playing UO what happened for me in playing this game was I was able to work through a lot of personal stuff by playing in the conversations. One being finding out I had grown very serious in life.

So when I heard about Shroud of the Avatar I was really excited. Standing at Moonglow bank and having a person give me a gift of a dress dyed every color and chatting with people about scenarios that were just plain silly and had nothing to do with real life. How often do I say I went fishing today and killed a kraken or as in this game a dragon. That's how my day went ;). Some won't understand but a gamer will. If anyone here has forgotten how to play in the conversation and is missing it, well consider hanging out with people who are not playing it so serious.

I did almost forget again after UO. I then played WOW for 4 years, LOTRO, AION, and on and on but the games were not quite the same setting even though I enjoyed them a lot too in their own way. We have opportunities in this type of game to have some of that fun here. I am not a role player necessarily but I do love to have fun and not take myself and life quite so seriously. I'm still rallying for things that will contribute to creating a world that provides this and so much more.

We cannot miss the details that add that extra life, soul, and spice to this game. It cannot feel empty and lifeless. We need to be able to point at objects and places to see lore and interesting things. It needs to have lore when we mouse over items and even on the overland map too. That has a great emptiness to it. The world needs to come alive for us and remind us why we are here playing this game. It really is imo missing these fine details to feel more alive. So here is some memory lane for you all and some old pics of this game ;) *cheers* all. Take care.

Some of my funnest times were joking around being a ghost in UO ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

older pictures of Sota:
    A couple of 2013 pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    On the map we were giants for a while ;)
    [​IMG]
    Yikes ;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had very little variety to wear ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Characters have changed a little bit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Happy Holidays 2016
    Last Year
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wizards Rest
    [​IMG]

Sota Today
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My new Obsidian INN I bought from the telethon
    [​IMG]

edited: I found a couple of Pics from 2013 that I added. I didn't have too many ;)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  7. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

*bursts out laughing* I read all that guy's stuff. He was SO funny! And I concur that we sometimes get too wrapped up in the numbers to enjoy ourselves. I highly recommend attending some of the fun/cool events. Dress up and enjoy the conversation!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    Dinsoo and Aldo like this.
  8. golruul

golruul Avatar

I don't know about others, but charging made the game a hell of a lot more enjoyable for me.

Previously, most of my combat time would be staring at the deck for glyphs to stack rather than paying attention to combat. This was stupid.

Now, with stacking, the vast majority of my combat time is spent focusing on combat rather than staring at the deck bar.

Elwyn, 3devious, Aldo and 1 other person like this.
  9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I play with bow/light armor, so trying to do anything outside of the two number keys I can hit while still moving just gets me killed.

10. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

thank you! i spent hours reading this comic :D

mute209 and Rhiannon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.