I have great hope for the upcoming taming changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danjacobsmith, Aug 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

I don't have developer access, but I've been hearing whispers through in game channels that they are making the fixes I hoped they would when it comes to taming.

Currently people are increasing their taming to obscene levels (beyond 110 taming) and at those ranks they can still barely tame the really powerful pets. They are then grabbing these pets with 400-500+ health and selling them to players much less powerful. This has even caused people to create what are called AFK groups, where they exploit these powerful pets, so they can play the game with little interaction. They basically let these powerful pets kill all the content themselves. I've seen these groups being created, and you weren't welcome unless you owned or purchased one of these insane pets.

The rumors I'm hearing now is that unless you're a tamer, and of significant skill, these insane pets won't be a WIN button anymore. Even for tamers these insane pets that only have a 1 percent chance of being tamed, no longer provide a juggernaut for the tamer.

As an example if you have no skills hardly at all, that 500 health super pet might only have 60 health for you, and even if that tamer has 90 skill for instance it might only have 300 health. The reason for this change is that at 90 taming the pets you'd normally tame would have around 300 health.

If these rumors are true all I can say is BRAVO. Thank you developers for changing this obviously broken mechanic. People are going to scream and moan for weeks after this change, but it is absolutely necessary.

They will complain about their market for selling collars and use all kinds of frenzy to try to return to a broken mechanic. These changes show me that the developers do have the best interest of the game at heart, and they're not afraid to make the needed changes.

Tahru, Fauxpas and postulio like this.
  2. agra

agra Avatar

Well that'll go over like a lead balloon. And kill taming entirely. :( More Stick! We have too many customers! More Stick!

3. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

It won't kill taming. It will make taming skills more important if anything. People will actually have to invest time and effort to be good tamers, and they will be rewarded with good pets. The current system is broken, and most people realize it.

Lord Barugon, Fauxpas and Leostorm like this.
  4. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

The silver required for the collars killed it for me. All I want is a killer rabbit. Perhaps copper, iron, etc collars for low level pets...gold, silver,etc for higher level pets might solve some problems.

Make the high level pets hard to train and hard to control. If you buy a pet at too high level it should have a chance to rebel and eat the owner.

Maeryck, Fauxpas, higginss and 2 others like this.
  5. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I have yet to try taming because it's all way too expensive. It sounds like fun, so I hope they work the bugs out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.