Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I konw this will catch some hell but . PvP ?????

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Weins201, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I have reported that Lich for harassment and written it's necromancer a very strongly worded letter.

Heradite, foobard, Net and 4 others like this.
  2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

It's ok, that Lich's guild has everyone in this thread on their KOS list.

3. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Yeah, is that easy. They got killed because people can kill them, plain and simple. While flagged as PVP, i was killed while crafting in Owl's head. I went and unflag myself because that's not the experience i desire, but can i blame the guy who killed me? i don't think so. The game allows him to kill me in that situation, and i flagged myself knowing that may happen.

In the future we'll have guards in certain towns so people flagged as PVP may stay "safe" on those (i expect PVP people to be still attacked, but guards to defend them). At the moment we don't, and discussing players attitude is a bit pointless. As Ristra said we're talking about etiquette here... and there are people who doesn't play by the rules; in fact, they enjoy not following them (sometimes i do! :D)

And totally agree with the OP, this (among other reasons) is why Full PVP's never going to happen.

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Some stuff to keep in mind is that there is no criminal/murder system with consequences yet. Also there are no PvP factions or guild wars yet.

So at the current time the PvP flag just allows you to find a fight anywhere, and has just enough functionality that allows us to test the combat system. None of the releases have had a major focus on PvP lately and the last time it was a focus it was primarily to test combat. So PvP was just thrown in there so we can test it.

That's all I've done with the PvP flag to be honest. I've had fun running up and attacking people, but if I lose I would go and tweak my skills and try something different. To me it is more important that the deck system isn't too stressful (stacking and combining combos at this point are too stressful and time consuming and I hope that is removed)... I wouldn't have come to that conclusion as quickly without PvP actually.

So the PvP flag has been very helpful for me testing the combat system, and I think that is about all PvP is at this point.

5. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Dangit i love the stacking and combo's.. fully understand why many don't though.

6. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

That is also why I don't understand why some people take it so seriously. I've been blocked by people because of PvP. I'm not going to play a PK when the game starts. Relax there are no consequences so lets just test the game. PvP is really there for testing purposes so lets have reasonable expectations about it based on the "pre"alpha status of the game.

7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I like the deck system, but the stacking and the combining of combos take too much focus and is quite frankly stressful to me. I don't want to do that in a high paced fight like PvP. I've been doing it the past two releases, but I also stopped playing in R13 because I'm burned out over it.
    Sorry I hope they do change it. The number one gripe I"ve heard on the steam forums about the combat system was the stacking or combining combos. One guy was really upset and started a negative thread with the way combos are created as the main focus. I didn't aid his attack and tried to point out that it is at an early stage, but I really wanted to say yes he is absolutely correct because I too feel the same way.

It is a serious issue because it is the biggest gripe. I think the deck system is useful as long as it is simple and doesn't get in the way. I can only support the deck system if it facilitates combat not if it gets in our way. They said they had other options if this sort of thing happened. So all I'm asking is that they move toward some of their backup options, not remove the deck system entirely.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  8. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

The blocking is just so you cant use /zone to gank them, a few people do that literally all day XD

Net and Gaelis like this.
  9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I just long have accepted the fact that.. when you open yourself up to danger.. you don't stand out in the open when you have to go take a leak or answer the phone. You will be dead when you come back a fair % of the time. It doesn't matter if it's a lich or another player.

Not saying it's right.. it's just the way things are. At a certain point there's no longer a point in blaming someone else. You flag yourself open PvP.. don't AFK in a high traffic area. You've got no one to blame but yourself. It's like standing out in the open during a FPS death match and expecting to be alive when you get back from the backroom.

10. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

I attacked someone once not knowing they were AFK...
    However, within 5 seconds I withdrew noticing he wasn't moving.

Unfortunately my burn damage killed him like 5 minutes later. That stuff is fierce.

11. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I killed somebody yesterday in a duel and then res'ed and healed them...forgetting to douse and burned to death >.<

12. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Griefers gonna be griefers. Science told me so.

Net and FrostII like this.
  13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Why care?

Two players have consented in PvP activity......that's it. Its their business......let's stop trying to hold people's hands by trying to water down PvP experiences by making it 'safe'.

14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I think you confuse PvPers with RPers here. Sure RPers might want PvP etiquette so they can slap each other with silk gloves........for me and many others we are not interested in the slightest. You flag PvP your going to get PvP and it won't always be on your terms.......that's half of the excitement and thrill.

15. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Even RPers might want to ruthlessly slaughter everything in sight, even if it's not "fair".

16. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Good point.....I might RP a player who trash talks in modern English, attacks players on sight especially noobs. Which RP community website do I register my guild again?

;)

17. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

A few things are poor form (attacking at skill trainer, misuse of /zone and relog , spawn-camping, interrupting scheduled events) but there are no rules on it and most of that wont be an issue come episode one.Just unflag when it gets on your nerves. I switch between being flagged and unflagged daily.

Net, KuBaTRiZeS and Gaelis like this.
  18. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

It was a slight sarcasm line on my part but I'd enjoy that thread. I wouldn't be able to resist picking that thread apart due to self imposed limitations.

At best, a thread like that could be used to hit up the devs to add rules to accomidate what people want. Course, it could back fire and let all the people know what pushes their buttons.

19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

You will probably see guards come into effect within towns so you can't attack any PvP opponent with guards attacking you. The who /zone and re-logging issue, we all know that this will be taken out. In terms of Death, this element has only recently come into effect, I'm sure there will be more options on how and where you re-spawn; spawn camping will always exist to some extent and can form part of a guilds tactics within specific areas (keeps the enemy out of play longer). Interrupting scheduled events, if the event is on a property I expect you will be able to ban them.....interrupting vents is not just about PvP to be fair; in fact most of the time people interrupt by just making a nuisance of themselves by spamming.

I think my main point is that some people seem to be making a song and dance about elements that we know are going to be changed as development progresses.

20. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

In that vein, I would like to see guards killable (though very tough), not like the immortal town guards in UO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.