Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I konw this will catch some hell but . PvP ?????

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Weins201, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Yeah that was the point i was trying to make, perhaps poorly XD

E n v y likes this.
  2. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Thanks;)

Net and Themo Lock like this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

www.sotarp.org ;) Hey you asked! :)

4. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I like the way you roll sir. Good form.

5. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

As of now, there is no penalty for death so if someone gets killed AFK they loose nothing and might not even notice it happened.

In the "PvP and death current thinking megapost" https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pvp-death-current-thinking-megapost.8247/

Chris Spears says: "Players who are in Open PVP (Blessed and Guilds flagged Open PVP) will be able to PVP with each other whenever they encounter each other, even in towns (but guards can, and will, react)."

I am guessing that by the time real consequences for dying (loot, XP loss, etc) are in, guards will be in as well, and people won't be so keen to attack someone who is obviously AFK whilst in a populated area.

6. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Some PvP folks get their jollies this way. Really.

I was talking to an NPC as soon as I got to the Brave Coast, and it was clear that I was (my back turned toward them and the ocean). They came up, wacked me twice and I was dead before I could even exit the chat.

I never get riled up over stuff like this. It's just what people do. They want you to be upset, that's what gives them the most satisfaction.

Sad but true.

7. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

So, funny story along this theme. A newbie asked me last night in game if they could 'practice' their newly created deck on me in preparation of playing PVP. I don't play PVP but what the heck. I told them I would agree to stand there and let them blast away to get a feel as to what damage each affect had. We were in Owl's Head so we moved over to the grassy area next to the Marketplace and in front of the Clink. They were blasting away at me while I simply stood there and players kept running by and healing me. :) It was so funny since you could tell the other players were really trying to help someone they thought was being attacked without cause!

I know this is not the same situation as what was in the Original Post, but it did cause me to laugh about what players thought last night and how much they tried to help protect me.

8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Funny, but if you were dueling then others should not be able to heal you. If that is the case you might want to file a bug.

KuBaTRiZeS and E n v y like this.
  9. Crag

Crag Avatar

If you didnt have poeple running around trying to steal/PK you there just wouldnt be an element of fear. The fact you have to wqatch your back even in town makes it feel real. If you're AFK anywhere but behind your locked door you're asking for it.

10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Not really afraid if you are AFK

11. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

The point of killing an afk player explained - 90% of the time a player kills someone on this game thus far is because there is not many people pvping as of now, and they seek to get that little bit of PvP fix any way possible "because they wait for hours and find no one to fight", even if that means attacking a player while afk just to see how quick they can kill them etc..

The other 10% comes from something maybe that player had done to them in the past such as afk kill etc..

End Thread.

Keff and Lord Aquila Burnden like this.
  12. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Hey, if all someone wants is a person afk or not fighting back, I'm willing to be fodder.

amaasing and Heavy Smoker like this.
  13. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

I never said that is "all" someone wants, it's just something they will take because they are striving for any type of PvP because the pvp scene is like a ghost town as of right now.

Keff and Caliya like this.
  14. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Maybe you misunderstood me. You mentioned that people like to practice their speed at killing someone. No better way than to attack someone that doesn't fight back. That's all I meant "If all they want," not the way you took it. :)

Heavy Smoker likes this.
  15. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

One of the longest and most epic fights i have had yet was against Heavy Smoker... he jumped me when i was at a vendor in owls head and we threw down and battled for fricken AGES all over that town. Fun times lol.

Lord Aquila Burnden likes this.
  16. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

That's what I used to do in UO at server down time. Go to the Brit cemetery and fight. I remember fighting one guy for half an hour and we must have been perfectly matched because neither of us died and we started laughing about that fact.

Themo Lock likes this.
  17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Not much PvP -- PLAYER vs PLAYER if one is AFK, JUST SAYING. ;)

Hell that kind of fighting is even easier than killing a wolf, if you want to see how fast you kill things go kill wolves over and over and average out your time, then change weapons, armor skills and se which hits harder.

Caliya and Sir Cabirus like this.
  18. Net

Net Avatar

Well, it is about priorities, and on my list of priorities are many out-of-game things higher, so I tend to go afk at times, because of that. I am not against other people having option to kill me when I am away, I just regard it as one of the worst 'crimes' within the game.

Caliya, Themo Lock and Gaelis like this.
  19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Would a roaming NPC/Moster attack you whilst your not looking or kill you afk? ....... We all know the answer is yes so why are you complaining about another player doing it?

"JUST SAYING"

Keff and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  20. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

@Envy Some great points your you are hitting on.

Something that everyone that chooses to flag needs to understand and embrace that this stuff could happen and will happen to you.

I'm no Stranger to Malicious Intent In a PK /APK environment As stated You do have to keep people at bay during larger scale battles It is a war of sorts.

@Heavy Smoker Good point about the still relatively small amount of people flagged All of Our alignments are over bearing right now because of this.

But to op @Weins201

PK's Gona PK. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.