Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I konw this will catch some hell but . PvP ?????

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Weins201, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archibald Leatherneck

Archibald Leatherneck Avatar

If RPers flag Open PvP, then we will have to learn to live with the rules, or lack thereof, of the PvP community. RP is not enforced (I wouldn't want it to be on an SMO server) so I think the notion that the two shall or will sing kumbaya is ludicrous even if some PvPers RP and some RPers PvP. RPvP is an RP activity and should not be confused with Open PvP. None of this is said to encourage or condone division but the two communities have different values which is not to say that one is right and one is wrong but that they have different priorities that don't align.

To the OP's question, because they lacked virtue. No Love nor Courage. It is up to the community if a lack of virtue will be tolerated or not.

Tahru likes this.
  2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

It is the same group, some of the most skilled and highest level PVP'ers are also big fans of role-play. The group that is never going to be happy here are the ones that want development to focus on full loot, open world PVP and nothing else. We need a nice mix of PVP, RP, PVE and crafting, not a giant featureless arena.

Isaiah, Gaelis and Tahru like this.
  3. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

I kind of see your point and sort of understand what you mean. But I still is quite confused :)

If RPvP and RP activity and Open PvP activity should not be confused with each other I must ask why is Open PvP player even trying to play a role playing game? I might be misunderstanding something in your post so please elaborate.

Themo Lock and Tahru like this.
  4. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I've said time and again that I prefer the excitement that open PVP affords... but there are videos on youtube, about SOTA, that show exactly why it shouldn't (and WON'T) happen.

Tahru and Themo Lock like this.
  5. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

Please point to the section where I said I never role played? Of course I'm going to role play to get involved in the community, that is all there currently is to do.

6. Archibald Leatherneck

Archibald Leatherneck Avatar

Very simply, PvPers will play SotA because there is PvP for those who choose. Granted, those who demand Full Loot may not choose SotA and those who don't care for the consensual PvP environment may not choose SotA. The flip side of that is that MANY more players will play because it is consensual PvP and some of the MANY will PvP because the risk is not as harsh as Full Loot.

I don't know (I would imagine Portalarium at least has some idea) how Full Loot or No Full Loot impacts Portalarium's bottom line but what I can tell you is that No Full Loot will be a more homogenous population and Full Loot will be a divided community. One of the goals (or perhaps the goal other than profit motive) is community so there is little doubt that Full Loot will not be in SotA. Hence, Portalarium has floated an alternative to Full Loot that is more rewarding for the PvP victor than a kill count.

Tahru likes this.
  7. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I just want to eat your hearts and livers, with organic beans and onions of course. :p Muhahahaha

Tahru and Archibald Leatherneck like this.
  8. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

You can have my heart come valentines day <3

9. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Its no fun if you give it to me....:( I want to Take IT! Muahahahah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.