I need help setting up my greenhouse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stabbath, Jun 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Ok, got my village lot deed from oracle quest. House is smaller than my free row home, which came as a surprise. Anyway, set up my house, but it seems my house/shack is taking up too much space for my greenhouse. Greenhouse is red when I try to place it. Maybe if I knew how to turn/rotate it that would help. Or, does a greenhouse count as a house? I removed my house, and tried to place greenhouse, but it won't let me. Looked at video guides and still don't know what's going on. Anyone plz help? thank you.

Also, my village house/shack is no longer showing up when I go to change house. Just my row home. Can I use my row home and have a greenhouse on a village lot? row home is bigger after all.

2. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Ok, it seems both my houses are gone now. Deeds are a one time use? When I go to change house, no house deed option is showing up.

Ok, row lot deed got sent to bank. that was scary. Not sure why the village house wasn't showing up in the change house option tho.

The village home option that was smaller (i'm guessing it came from free village lot deed) is still not showing up. I checked bank for any and all deeds too. Seems I can't fit greenhouse in village lot with my row house, the only available one. there might be a delay, so going to try later. Sorry, this has all been very confusing to me.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  3. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Pretty sure that no crafted greenhouse will fit on a village lot that has a house, even the smallest house (unless someone has been sucessful and wants to prove me wrong!)

You could always just place two crafted greenhouses on a village lot with no house, and use a basement and/or dungeon for your living space

Alleine Dragonfyre and Jaesun like this.
  4. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

thank you, that is a great idea. !

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

yep, really all you need from your house is chests to store stuff. I would do this setup I show in this video, and just place some chests around for storage.

6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Think I remember someone posting pics of a greenhouse with a village guard tower.
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Wood_&_Stone_Guard_Tower_(Village_Home)
    But it was a long while ago so might have used some trick we are no longer allowed to do.

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

That might be small enough a greenhouse could fit with it. Or, it might be "deco" and not a true house. I know there are a few in the PoT I live in, and they are not on lots, so they may be placeable as deco, like the stone ruins are.

8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I think the guard towers we got as POT deco are a different object with the same gfx. For instance the Village Guard Tower has walls that can be decorated while the POT guard tower cannot.
    From the beginning they were meant to be the NPC Housing for POT guards, until they split those concepts.

Hmm, haven't tested though in a loooong while. Could fetch those POT deco towers and see if they are still a separate type of object.

9. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all, and Stabbath.
    So first off Greenhouses that are 2, 3, or 4 story are Houses and can be places on any lot as long as toy have then in you inventory. Green Houses that are 1 story are Deco and need a lot large enough o place them on. Remember though that currently row lots can not be empty. They need a row house of some kind on them.

One last thing is that the Lot deed you got from the Oracle is a taxable lot. You can place it but it will require payment (Press the U key to apply money to the lot deed) within the first 24 hours or the lot deed and everything on it will revert back to the bank. That may have happened to you and it just looked like your houses disappeared.

If I can help in anyway please pm me in forums or in game. Both use Warrior B'Patrick. And welcome new Avatar.

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well you can use this set-up as well but not all greenhouses work. The one in this picture is called a 'rusted iron small greenhouse'. You could then try some stacking techniques to hold more planting beds.

[​IMG]

11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Did you pay the lot rent? As mentioned before, U key to bring up that window. 500g/day for village size.

Also a greenhouse row house would work. There's a crafted one that can be found on player vendors for around 30000g-40000g.

12. Mhtic700R

Mhtic700R Avatar

Are the greenhouses shrink-able? Never tried it but it could help placing it on the lot.

If you need advices for planting times and more, look on google for sotalore/farming.

Great guide!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.