I pet confused about gathering/fishing, Player Housing few random other things.

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Breezy, Nov 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breezy

Breezy Avatar

Hello all!

I'm a newb and I'm a bit confused. So I discovered the overworld. I've been running around and visiting some player towns. Rather than write a bit wall of text, I hope you all don't mind me just listing my questions.

1. Can you fish and gather things in Player town waters? I don't think I found anything while running around the wood areas and I don't have a fishing pole yet to fish.
    2. So, to have a home, you have to get a lot, then a building? Can a lot have more than one building? Can I get a plot, then start farming?
    3. Are there any other races coming to the game?
    Actually that's it. I thought I had more.

FrostII, Luca Xante and Gaelis like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you can fish anywhere the water is deep enough to swim. there are special fishing nodes that look like an area of bubbles, but they just have an increased chance, they'r enot necessary to fish. there currently isn't anything else that can be gathered in player owned towns, but adding wildlife is planned.
    you need a lot. you don't need a building, if you don't want. (unless it's a row lot, but they come with a free one.) a lot cannot have more than one actual house, but there are other structures allowed if there's room: greenhouses, sheds, gazebos, guard towers, walls... yes, you can have a whole lot full of planting beds if you wish (as long as it's not a row, in which case you can get a row home that has a greenhouse for the top floor.)
    an elven playable race is planned, someday.

3. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think you get a basic fishing pole by default, but you do have to equip it first. Go into your inventory, click on the gear icon and there should be a choice to show equipped tools. If you find the fishing pole, right-click to equip it. You will also need bait, drag it to your utility bar to use it. If you need bait, you can dig into the clay piles around the lake in Solace Bridge Outskirts for worms. (you will need to equip the pickaxe first!)

Right now a lot can only have one house on it, but there are some "buildings" which are decorations. Eventually they will add a "free placement" feature which lets you move your house to somewhere other than the dead center of the lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.