I wanna be Barber

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Abydos, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Can i ll a Barber in SotA ?

2. BellosTheMighty

BellosTheMighty Avatar

No. Players want to choose their own look, which means they'll be visiting an NPC. Why require a PC to do something so basic?

3. lsommerer

lsommerer Avatar

BellosTheMighty, There's a whole school of thought that it is better to have players interacting with each other (all other things being equal) than with the game environment.

There was an odd bug in UO for a while where the color of the hair dye that was displayed on NPCs was not the color of dye that was given to the player. This created a group of players who would purchase massive amounts of hair dye, sort it out by hue and shade and sell it to players. Some dyes seemed to be rarer than others and sold for more. It was an interesting emergent type of game play for a while.

What's my point? You can have a lot of interesting things to do if you allow for more player interaction (of course, you might not find that particular one interesting at all).

Sure, let people setup their player at the start. But there will be some that want to make changes later. That could be via another player. Is it hard to implement? I don't think so. If you have a certain skill, you have access to the same tool that everyone had access to at player creation.

4. Malin

Malin Avatar

Demon barber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.