Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I want a modifable info bar

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by ThurisazSheol, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

As I'm unsure if the game will ever have the ability to mod it, using the LUA API, I'd like to request this:

ESO has an add-on by a dude named WYKKYD - dude's a genius with LUA..it is called Wykkyd's Toolbar (link added in case anyone wants to look at the code)

anyway, Sunswords had a screenshot i saw that reminded me of the bar, if you'd look at the bottom right of his image, within the spoiler here:

[​IMG]

from what i could tell, that was a touch of Photoshop, as I've scoured the config of this game looking for it.

EDIT: I got a response from Sunswords - it was not Photoshop, it was a popup on the mouse curser that wouldn't go away:

inside THIS spoiler, is an image of the add-on I was speaking about, above. Just for reference, really, look at the very top of the image.
    [​IMG]

I know some people are going to say "but it breaks immersion!" - this game is singular - the FIRST thing they do is break the fourth wall with the intro video, and they KEEP it broken by using "avatar" and other things too, wanting a rift between the two worlds to influence each other. - all of that is designed to deepen the immersion from the start. But, those purists do have a point, and it should also be addressed - so, have it available, but toggled off by default. it is not game changing, it does not give anyone an unfair advantage, nor will it drop immersion for those who wish to use it. especially since immersion is all about perspective, after all.

I'd love if something like this could be built into the game, customizable like Wykkyd's, this addon alone kept me immersed longer per game session, and that says a lot due to my medical condition (advanced post-surgery cubital tunnel in my mouse hand).

2. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

I actually worked with Wykkyd, did a complete mod for his quest tracker originally. Ever since the last two patches I pretty much gave up on ESO for now.

Absolutely found the API setup in ESO to be super easy to modify. I hope, someday, we have a full, rich API like that in here as well.

Would be really awesome to have Minion support via ZAM.

Spoon likes this.
  3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I want the option to have absolutely no GUI and elements aside from the graphics in the game.

4. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

minion never worked for me - couldn't install or download from there, but it worked great with figuring out which of them were out of date, outside of the game.

that was you? loved it! made life much simpler than the clunky default UI that came with it. thanks! knew your name sounded familiar.......

that's about when i dropped it too. just happy my guild is multigame.. trying to bring them over here, but it is a tough thing to do..some just don't understand that multiple games doesn't detract.

Joviex likes this.
  5. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

next time you are in game, hit F9, your feature already exists!

Joviex likes this.
  6. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

This would be spectacular, a programmable item tracker like UORazor, keep track of how many ore/boards/gems/ingots you have inpack.

ThurisazSheol likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.