I Want to Bake Bread

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by lsommerer, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsommerer

lsommerer Avatar

A few years ago I wrote a couple of articles that were composed of my own thoughts as well as the ideas of other people who regularly participated in discussions about how to improve crafting systems.

The articles are a bit lengthy, so rather than post them here and get the formatting annoyingly wrong, I'll just link to them: <a href="http://laurenandlloyd.com/lloyd-stuff/i-want-to-bake-bread/">I Want to Bake Bread</a> and <a href="http://laurenandlloyd.com/lloyd-stuff/i-want-to-forge-swords/">I Want to Forge Swords</a>.

Some of these ideas have been implemented in games since these articles were written and some not so much. I would love to hear what everyone here who is interested in crafting thinks of these ideas.

2. chrisvoeg

chrisvoeg Avatar

yes, this is a must

3. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

I thought that name looked familiar!

4. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

The gathering of materials and making of usable objects is a core tenet of what the Ultima games bring to immersion in experience. I'd think these additions would be immense; highly supported.

5. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

I suppose it should also be said that the process--rather than simply picking an item in a menu and having the necessary materials--goes a long way to building the experience. This is particularly evident in Minecraft, and similar crafting systems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.