Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I wish planting pots were easier to activate for planting/watering

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I keep having to wiggle my mouse cursor back and forth over the top of the planting pot to get it to turn green so it can be activated for planting or watering. I could complete my gardening in 1/2 the time if it were easier to activate the planting pot.

2. Lained

Lained Avatar

Try moving the mouse near the edge of the box rather than over the plant itself to activate the green highlight.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    Acred, Numa, Fringe and 1 other person like this.
  3. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

I believe she's talking about the actual pots not the beds. I quit using them because they were too picky about where you could interact with them.

Acred and Garfunkel Humperdinck like this.
  4. Lained

Lained Avatar

The same applies to the planting pots too, target the edge as the actual plants tend to be dead zones. In fact you can water them faster than the beds as there's no UI lag between watering which is why I water the planting beds alternately as the video shows.

Acred and Numa like this.
  5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out tomorrow!

Acred and Lained like this.
  6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I'm glad I started this thread because the tips given in it have helped enormously.

When planting or watering a plant I intuitively selected the middle of the round pot and had to wiggle the mouse back and forth before it turned green.

Now I have learned that selecting the middle of the pot will never work. You need to select the outer perimeter of the dirt (the part that doesn't look wet when you water it). In the screenshot below, the blue region is selectable. So it is correct to say that you need to select the edge, but it is not the edge of the pot itself, but the edge of the dirt that has to be selected.

Now that I realize this, I will be able to plant and water more quickly. However, my feedback remains the same - I would like it if the entire dirt surface were selectable, making it easier (especially for people who don't know the "trick").

[​IMG]

Acred and Numa like this.
  7. Lained

Lained Avatar

Glad to be of help I learned this through trial and error, indeed this was my meaning to target the soil near the edge not the edge of the planter/pot itself.

Acred, Numa and Kara Brae like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.