I wish there were some rainbow flags in the bar in the fall.

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Andartianna, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Seems like the perfect month to add rainbow flags into the bar in the fall....

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  2. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

I think our LGBTQIA friends should have items that celebrate their identity, dignity, and pride.

MrBlight, Cordelayne, ldykllr and 3 others like this.
  3. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I have a question and hope this doesn't offend anyone re: LGBTQIA. If you are, say, trans, do you ever get annoyed that you're always grouped with gay/lesbian/bi/etc? Or mix and match that however you want.

I mean, these are not all the same thing. Not at all. I guess it's convenient to lump all these together but I would think to some people it would be insulting. Also seems like it enables the haters to lump all sorts of sexual preferences and gender issues into an overly simplistic label.

Just curious.

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It is enough for me that people are people and everyone's different in their own way. As soon as we start adding stuff like this into the game.. where does it stop?

Is there anyone who shouldn't?

Link_of_Hyrule, Cordelayne and Spinok like this.
  5. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

The lumping is more about defending sexual minorities in general. While we are all very different from each other we stand together to fight for equal rights for all.

6. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

I can't speak from a LGBTQIA perspective, but only as an ally. From my personal growth of ignorance to tolerance to acceptance, I did some research a few years ago, and yes, there is a distinction between gender identity and sexual identity. However, in the case of LGBTQIA, I'd look at it as a alliance of identity politics and human rights advocacy. I think there was a time when there was a backlash against the inclusion of trans people since the question of gender identity didn't mesh well with the agenda dealing with discrimination based upon sexual identity. I think over time transgender/transsexual issues were co-opted in along with the more recent inclusion of intersex and asexual individuals as it became increasingly obvious that these individuals were vulnerable to discriminatory policies and agendas.

7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Freedom" let it ring ;)!'
    This is a world wide issue which has very direct significance when it comes to population growth levels. They have been dropping in many countries which indicates a plateau is on the distant horizon. In short, there will be much more liberated people within the future. I for one would not wish such a large part of our coming society to have to struggle through any resistance as they have and other minority groups before them.

Here in Thailand these issues are as normalized as the sky is blue. I can't count the number of great friends that are liberated here in Thailand "because I don't count them all". They have respect for me and I back to them for being so freely expressing their values, sharing their emotions and valuing me as a friend. I also can't count the times in the dance bar where they have saved me from other ladies who don't know I have a very nice person that I'm :D quite soul mate attached to.

Thailand is free and so should everywhere else in the world to do with life what they will with it.

Freedom is for everyone and that's what this flag means to me until we no longer need any flags!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Where does it end? The fight for freedom in all it's forms never ends as long as this US Army Infantry Veteran shall live! "Or WT (bloody) F were we ever fighting with anyone for in the first place?" So am I gay or am I noto_O? "It's none of your business unless you make a pass at me" :p:D, then I'll let you know ;)

:) We need "pride" in our banners, and this banner is as good a banner to start with as any, except this banner has no guild, only a cause for true freedom for everyone concerned.

It's a brave new world, so be brave, but only in the cause of freedom!
    [​IMG]
    It's just another banner, and nothing to be afraid of ;)~Time Lord~:)

Audacity, MrBlight, Kambrius and 3 others like this.
  8. Lace

Lace Avatar

I have to disagree as a lesbian and guild leader of a LGBT friendly guild.

This will no doubt make me unpopular on both sides but here is my logic.

Name a town in New Britannia with a str8 love flag? ... why do we need a rainbow flag in a NPC or hunting area .. we do not imho.

To me its not about recognition with a flag, its just about equality and this game has made no discriminations and I see no reason to wave a flag around.

Sorry to piss some off.

9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

OMG! :eek: You're probably right @Lace :D I'm speaking solely as a combative person when it comes to this issue. I know that any restricted freedom issue tends to effect me that way ;)! ~Time Lord~:D
    It gets my PTSD going o_O... maybe when we get custom guild flags. Then you can get what you want where you want it.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    Solazur and Lace like this.
  10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

agree with @Lace here.

a: if novia ever developed a sexual orientation and/or gender identity pride symbol, it would be THEIR symbol, not ours.

b: why would they ever have developed one? they don't seem to have developed their own subculture at all because they were never rejected from mainstream society. no opression, no reason to resist.

11. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

I think the OP's point was to have banners to decorate/ designate places like a bar or perhaps as a means of identification or display of pride in their homes. I think for a segment of a global population that has been historically and presently mistreated and discriminated against, the use of such cultural symbolism might hold more meaning than those of us who think it's no big deal and unnecessary.

BTW is there a thing such as a "straight love" flag? Because as a "straight" person, I think that would be unnecessary since straight love is an universally accepted norm, and isn't something that is a subject of discrimination and bullying.

MrBlight and Time Lord like this.
  12. mercster

mercster Avatar

What?

Sir Brenton, froji and Spinok like this.
  13. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Not true. Women reject me all the time (discrimination), and sometimes they're downright mean about it (bullying). :( My struggle is real.

fonsvitae, mass, froji and 4 others like this.
  14. mercster

mercster Avatar

I'm confused..."the gay bar in the fall"? Is it an area with player housing?

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

But I thought you were into BDSM....

Budner and Time Lord like this.
  16. Alley Oop

Kambrius and Time Lord like this.
  17. Whitestag

Whitestag Avatar

None of it will matter when ya hit 80 yrs old......

18. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

The OP is talking about the bar in The Fall and there are only men in the bar no women. It could use a bar wench I suppose to even it out.

Hmmm thinking about it... all the mobs in this game are male I think right?

19. Alley Oop

some of the elementals have a female form

Sheamus McGuinness and Time Lord like this.
  20. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I suppose this is the point. You do it for one group.. you have to do it for everyone. The last thing I want to see in game is New Britannia filled with symbols of all the issues we deal with in RL and all the baggage that comes with it. The game right now is pretty neutral towards all these issues.. you start promoting one with official in-game content and you're opening a huge can of worms you can never close again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.