Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I Would Like to Sneak Up on Roving Encounters

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by Black Tortoise, Oct 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

A bandit was standing in the middle of the road on the OW map, with his back turned to me. I ran up behind him sort of subconsciously expecting to take him by surprise, just like I would in a scene. My avatar instead ran through the bandit, who diddnt react to me at first, presumably because of my running up behind. I ran towards the bandit, and he then reacted and ran towards me. The encounter began as normal...

What I was hoping for is the encounter would begin with the bandits having their backs at me, with me getting to choose which one to sneak up on :cool:.

This had me thinking - If I attack a roving encounter before it reacts to me, it would be great if that gave me an advantage in the encounter scene. Something like, the mobs are distributed too far apart to BaF, they all stand still with their back to me, theyre fishing and have no weapons drawn, something like that. I mean, criminals operating right on the road itself are probably kind of dumb anyway, right? A warrior with a lot of experience and tactical sense should be able to pull a fast one on them, right?

There could be other variations on this, like getting chased down by an encounter = they all start very close to you when the scene begins. Likewise, turning around and charging at the roving encounter gives you some slight bonus when the scene begins. Stuff like that o_O.

Im a stealther. I would also like to have a way of using this skill on the ow map, and I think this is a good opportunity. Id like to be able to stealth up on a roving encounter, attack it before it reacts to me, and get some sort of "subterfuge" related advantage in the scene. I could start stealthed, have a bonus to stealth, get bonus damage for attacking from stealth, etc. Maybe start with half of them dead ;).

2. Numa

Numa Avatar

Leather & bowman here about to get silent movement. I would love to be able to ambush the ambushers too :)

3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Oh yes, the archer version of that = you sneak up on the roving encounter, you start on a big hill and the mobs are on the ground and have a hard time pathing to get to you (leaving you with the opportunity to pick most of them off at range before any can engage you in melee...).

Numa and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.