Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ice Field Only Applies Snare On-Hit And Remains After Target Leaves Field

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Xeen Dread, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

1. Title: Ice Field Only Applies Snare On-Hit And Remains After Target Leaves Field
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: This may be currently intended mechanics of the skill, possibly just bad :p. Casting Ice Field results in a graphic that is visible for some time, but only targets that were in the area at the time it was cast are affected by the snare. Anything that enters the field should be slowed while it remains in the active field. Anything that leaves the field should immediately resume moving at full speed. That's my take anyway.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Cast Ice Field on a target, observe normal snare operation that persists even after the target leaves the Ice Field. Cast Ice Field on empty space and have a target walk into it, observe no snare.
    6. User Specs: N/A

EDDYCORP likes this.
  2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I have submitted this to the team for review. Thank you, @Xeen Dread!

3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

By that same logic, ice arrow or ice fist should not slow anyone for any amount of time then. I believe it would be something like making the target cold for a certain amount of time.

4. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Here's my take:
    Entering the active field should earn you the debuf, but the debuf should remain for a bit after leaving (depending on the logic behind the debuf).

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

I'd expect it to work just like Ring of Fire/Fire field should be working. Go in the field, get chilled for a recurring (or ignited) ~6 seconds or so (depending on magnitude of spell and attunement) that then decays when either the player leaves the field or the field decays.

Having a field apply a 1 minute debuff of -80% or greater movement speed is ridiculous just as it is ridiculous to be in a ring of fire and not burning (debuff is shorter than field duration...)

The field lasts for like 20 seconds... the debuff 3x that?!

6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

But it does not work that way, its a hit on cast, just like ice arrow or ice fist. I know when I go out in the cold (and the last couples days it was -45 windchill and -49 windchill) and come back in, it takes me time to warm back up. I don't know why this is in the bug forum, its not a bug, this should be in feedback, as its working as intended, just not the way you want it to.

EDDYCORP likes this.
  7. hsmckee

hsmckee Avatar

This might be by design. I went ahead and submitted it.
    Bug ID40385

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.