Idea For Crafter/Adventurer Debate

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Jayfire, Apr 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayfire

Jayfire Avatar

Perhaps a simple solution for the adventurer vs. crafter debate would be to make a item like a perfume or balm that you could use to make your character not trigger a creature to attack you similar to how deer do not attack characters but will defend themselves if attacked which is already a system in the game. This item would be made strictly from items you can grow yourself. This way you could go out and gather the ingredients or you could have a small garden at home where you grow these ingredients while your crafting, both are time consuming processes and then you could use these items to go and mine or harvest trees for a while without being attacked until you run out of the items and you go back to craft, rinse and repeat.

This would bring a new item in the game that with given the current talks would be a hot item and would help flourish the economy with more people buying and selling, not only well this item be sold probably a lot but now you will have people that can just focus on crafting. This could also help bring pricing on commodities to a more stable level. Also a item that will be used a lot will help remove the resources used to make it out of the world, I don't know your numbers but I'm sure that there are some items that are a little more common among users.

Lord Baldrith, Stundorn and Time Lord like this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yes, I've suggested in the past 'ward' spells or amulets that have different types of effectiveness. So something like Amulet of Undead Ward for low level undead, then you'd have an Amulet of Greater Undead Ward that gives you a bit better protection. You could have Animal Ward, etc..

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

They had an item in UO called the mask of Orcish kin. I used it in the mines where the giant orcs and their smelters were located.

The only problem with it would be if an earth elemental would come after you, then you would have to recall out of there.

It was also a good place to get shadow iron since usually it was on the bodies of the giant orcs after the tamers would come through with their dragons.

Yeah it would be nice to have masks to wear as a disguise to fool the monsters into leaving you alone.

Lord Baldrith, Stundorn and Time Lord like this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

I remember there was also a Mask of Death spell for Necromancy in U8, that made undead uninterested in attacking you.

Stundorn, Time Lord and discipleofweb like this.
  5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I like the idea.
    And also to make Charm Animal a non combat spell again.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.