Idea for excess crafting items

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ludger, Apr 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ludger

Ludger Avatar

Right now my only option to get rid of excess items, is to destroy them for scraps, give them away, or sell them to a vendor.

I understand that the mannequin dolls for armor are coming out soon, but this is an idea to get rid of chest full of crafted gear and trash gear loot that I'm sure many people have. Also could help with the issue of hording that most Avatars seem to have.

How about making a crafting option, but the components are old gear.

1: To create a "Statue of armor". The items needed would be Head, Hands, Feet, Legs, Chest of the same crafting type. 5 items used to create one. You could also add rings, cloak, necklaces, and belts to up the amount of items needed.

2: Then you could add certain bonuses to the item, say make it glow, or make it shiny or even translucent by adding artifacts to the crafting components. The better the artifact, the better the added effect.

3: Also, have regular components like wax ect... to make this new item. Perhaps maybe Cutworm or other items that have no use but for vendor trash.

Help me out with this Avatars. I feel like I have quite a bit of items that have one use, destruction. Maybe we could have a constructive place for all of this excess loot. (And no, you cannot have them for free) This is open for more ideas, I just wanted to see if it peaked any interest.

2. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

This idea has piqued my interest for a long time. My suggestion is easier in my opinion and gives the crafter a 25-50 pct return on the amount of gold that cost him/her to craft the item. Have the crafter sell it to that particular NPC. This would reduce all that extra stuff out there nobody wants to buy, encourage the crafter to make more things and stimulate the mats economy as well. My two cents on this idea.

R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever

3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

How about a community project? Perhaps donations of crafting trash can contribute to a city construction project of some kind. Perhaps a community center with different levels of complexity/beauty depending on the quantity of donated trash?

4. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Great idea Ludger

They could just add recipes for standing armor manequins requiring all 5 equipment pieces ....or even manequin with sword or axe ( different recipes of course )...also different colour variations depending on materials used to make the components ...

White iron Plate armour suit

[​IMG]

or bronze plate armour suit with a meteoric sword

[​IMG]

Can even take this further and allow crafters to sell a whole manequin with stats on vendors instead of just one piece at a time ...a simple right click and Dismantle would give the buyer all the separate pieces .

But this would be ton of work just to create different variations of manequins and im not sure port has the manpower .

Jaesun, Widsith [MGT] and Sentinel2 like this.
  5. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

An all-or-nothing 'build' / 'dismantle' via crafting is probably going to be a lot easier to implement without major UI work than would the option to add/remove one piece at a time. The rendering shouldn't be a big deal since the game is already able to render avatars with mixes of armor (some better than others), so all you need is standardized male/female models. It would be a step towards full mannequins that's valuable in its own way.

Elrond likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The idea behind a mannequin is that you could dress it using any wearables, including pledge reward wearables, and it wouldn't require that you destroy them in the process. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.