Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

idea for fountains

Discussion in 'Release 16 Feedback' started by ThurisazSheol, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

here's an idea for fountains, and it could be a decent moneymaker for the store too.

ok, so we have the fountains in the game now. i think they're boring. they all look the same.

so, how about custom toppers/statues in the center? allow the person placing the fountain decide which topper to use, that they have purchased from the store.

maybe have some that are the virtues, where there isn't water flowing FROM them, but just swirling around under them - maybe even let some of the PoT owners purchase custom-created ones. like port phoenix and their phoenix, or pointe moot with a mjolnir, or avatar city with a giant head of darkstarr and that snarky smile... maybe allow for certain things like if no water coming off the topper, allow for lunar magic to be coursing around it.. or an aura of darkness for evil town owners...

maybe after town owners get their grubby hands on it, it could be extended to anyone so they can place the fountain on their property.. personally i'd have two sizes of fountain. the one that is here, now, with the default topper, and then a smaller one, maybe 3/4 the current size, that allows for custom toppers/effects.

2. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

another idea for this - if they are a custom created one, and the purchaser decides they don't want it to be the only one in the game, they get a discount, and their statue then becomes one of the many pre-fab toppers up for purchase.

Budner likes this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

"Custom" is probably not going to happen. I can think of other custom items I'd much rather see development time purchased for. But variety of toppers, that's a good idea.

4. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

it all depends if the price is right. i'd also expect to not see custom toppers until at the earliest chapter 3-4 anyway, cause there's just so much non-fluff to do.

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Well that would fit right in with a sculpting skill but yeah.. outside the scope of EP1.

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  6. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i'd ask how i missed that - but realized i wasn't here till october '14... glad to know i'm not the only one to think along these terms. thanks bowen.

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Yeah I reached WAY back for that one.. :) but such things have always been on my personal wish list. :)

8. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

I'd settle for a second, half sized (or smaller) fountain that could be more appropriate for indoor decoration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.