Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Idea how to make loot more interesting

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Moussaka, Oct 11, 2016.

?

Like the idea?

1. Yes

35.7%
  2. No

64.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moussaka

Moussaka Avatar

Change:
    - Monsters have their weapon durability at 100/100 when they spawn
    - The durability of the weapon drops when they are hitting (faster than normal)

Effect:
    - The faster the monster is killed the better (more worth) the loot is
    - Higher level players/groups will get more
    - Adds a new fun playstyle to kill a monster as fast as possible

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

but if you're killing them with ranged or magic, or you root or slow them, you can kill melee mobs without them attacking at all.

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I'm sure we would all like to kill a monster faster lol. Loot has definitely improved and omg I am so grateful for this. If you are new, you have no idea how it was before. The things is, what is going to make us kill a monster faster than we already do? Killing faster is tied to skill development and killing them before they kill us, but right now with the balance being so off on combat overall we have to try to figure it all out before we think about how to kill faster. I do agree that having rewards for the things we do are truly great. I like your idea. :) Welcome to Shrouds btw Moussaka if you are new or haven't posted much. :)

Roycestein Kaelstrom and FrostII like this.
  4. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

Just adding gear, and items to the loot table would make it so much better.

5. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

I voted no as this change only helps skew the economic difference between a power gamer and a casual gamer (note, I class myself as a power gamer so this suggestion would infact benefit me).

People that kill monsters fast already get a benefit of getting more wealth due to the faster killrate.

6. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Whole idea of roleplaying game is that someone who wants to play a gimped sword and board character will now get less loot ...so no :)

7. Moussaka

Moussaka Avatar

Easy, we change

- The durability of the weapon drops when they are hitting (faster than normal)

to

- The durability of the weapon drops when they are in fight mode (faster than normal), durability resets if monster resets

I am around for a while... but what are you talking about? Loot was better before, and it got nerfed recently (durability is much lower, shoddy bow's...). In fact I got this idea because of the durability nerf

If I want to kill a monster as fast as possible, these are my options:
    - Go to combat mode before the fight and wait for glyphs
    - Use spider pet to web the monster or any appropriate skill, then attack from behind

And you would want to single mobs out instead of killing several at once to get best loot (not time related but wheight related)

The casual gamer would profit the same as the power gamer

If the monster is green for you = fast kill

The main reason for this is to add some variation (less randomness), and make it a little more interesting to kill green monsters

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well not trying to argue or invalidate what you are saying, but here is what I was talking about. So before boxes and crates were pretty much empty. Now almost everyone you find has something in them, even rare tea leaves and a little bit of resources such as wood scraps etc, and sometimes gold. I use to hunt at Greymark Forest in Hidden Vale a lot with a good friend and the loot was perhaps a weapon, shield, or armor a little gold sometimes if I recall. That was it. Now if you loot you will yes perhaps find comparatively subpar weapons etc but you will also find things like reagents, potions, bones etc.

The fact that the weapons etc are nerfed imo is that the game wants the players eventually to be where the best equipment is found and in the past it was stated that player equipment would some how make it's way to loot. Not sure how that will work when they implement it atm though. So to me loot has improved from before in interest aspect, but to you who was perhaps looking for better equipment or at least the same quality of drops it has not. So no one is wrong here, not saying we were trying to be, but I was looking from my perspective of the added loot tables, not the equipment nerf. I want to see loot continue to improve, provide more reward to players and be interesting as well. :)

9. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I think its a pretty good idea, but this ^ is the holdup for me.

10. Armitage_

Armitage_ Avatar

Yes, this would unfairly advantage the ranged classes. Loot should be the same, regardless of what play-style you prefer.

Lord Ravnos likes this.
  11. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I'd prefer they just added base gear with small stat bonuses that can drop that you can then further enchant and masterwork. That way both crafting and adventuring can benefit from this gear. Some of this already does drop from boss mobs. Such is items with the "Vile" prefix which you can craft on. Or the Nordic Meteoric Iron Spear I found on a dragon a couple of weeks ago. More stuff like that would be good without breaking the whole "crafting makes the best gear" idea. Make the lower enemies (non-bosses) have a small chance to drop these items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.