Ideas for compensating losses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FBohler, Oct 6, 2022.

1. necronut

necronut Avatar

Imagine the game going down for 3 years. Then, when it comes back on, it's a wipe and everyone starts over.

It's reality. That's Fallen Earth. I still play it too.

2. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Fallen Earth is a rough diamond of a game :)

necronut likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I personally wouldn't classify a corrupted database as a "screw up".

Cordelayne and Paladin Michael like this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is the whole game like looking through a dirty window or is that just the trailer?

necronut likes this.
  5. necronut

necronut Avatar

Hahaha! Whole game looks like that. It's the classless progression and open world pvp that makes it fun.

6. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

That and a real old school MMO feel... :)

The PvP is generally confined to specific zones, bit like in Shroud

necronut likes this.
  7. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I have been reading the forums and people talk about what they would have accomplish in the amount of time the server has been down. So my question is this. Pick one of these options and honestly tell me what you would have been able to do in the span of time from Sept 29 to today. Remember no one is on 24 hours a day for 7 days without being AFK for some of it and the more skills you choose the lower the levels will be.

1. Pure crafting build - what skills would you train and how high? Saying all of them would mean lower levels so better to pick 1 or 2 from each of the gathering, refining, and production. It has to be doable in the time allotted.

2. Pure adventuring build - what skills would you train and how high? Saying all of them would mean lower levels so better to pick 1 or 2 from each of the offensive, defensive, and tactics. It has to be doable in the time allotted.

3. Hybrid Build - this would be the hardest because of the number of skills to train so levels wold be lower. What skills would you train and how high? Pick your favorite skills in all trees. It has to be doable in the time allotted.

I have played games that have given increases in character level or new character class when a new major release is introduced. I think this might be a perfect reward for the time lost in playing. Maybe some resources and money also be given but the character would be the major reward for hanging in there without to much b....... or complaining. And once you got you reward character you could continue to train them. Since new players and high level players have different expectations on what a Reward Character would be there needs to be a way for both to be happy with what they get.

I have created a separate post to reply in so that we can keep them together. The post is at
    What could you have done in the down time

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  8. necronut

necronut Avatar

Also, 95% of existing loot in the game is player crafted. Kinda like SotA. You can craft everything: armor, melee, guns, ammo, medkits, motorcycles, cars, extractors, etc. From gathering to the end result of a car, it takes around 8 real time days to finish.

They re-released it to make people aware of it again, as they're porting it to Unity.

My main mmo was SWG, preCU, didn't play CU, and NGE. preCU became a game of tripping. Knocking your opponent to their knees, then prone, because the opponent took more damage the closer to the ground they were. So every player had to build for that meta before they switched. Still loved the combat queue system though. Not to mention the insane crafting. Still love NGE, play on Legends still today, been there for almost 4 years, run around with my Vet tag above my head, 3 Year Vet from Wanderhome. Still put it down with my Spy, on the ground, and space. TIE Aggressor hardware.

One can easily see why I'd inevitably stumble into SotA, and get into stupid arguments about it like all the rest of these idiots. Not all of you, but the other ones. The silent ones. I see you. Still love you. Kisses. Think about me.

Anyway, back to compensating for losses. I hope others are happy with whatever they end up getting, I'd personally love a wipe and SotA Classic... but trust me, I know I'm probably alone, and ain't gonna start that campaign.

"Never trust the idiot who tells you they aren't an idiot."

"The shadows are always watching."

Adam Crow and that_shawn_guy like this.
  9. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Does anyone know if devs are planning a proper compensation? Or will it be only 2x XP (although no XP was lost).

10. merlinfire

merlinfire Avatar

a screw up would be dropping the production database on your first day as a new intern

which is something i did in my first dev job

11. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Let's start with a developer post on what went wrong, how it was fixed, and what actual release version we are working in now.

The developer post that 106 has now been released to live is extremely confusing after earlier developer posts that they had to roll back to 105 (or earlier?) or QA.

Where the hell is Chris in all of this. Shouldnt he be front and center as Catnip CEO? Or is he busy now programming the NFT game for Richard?

Cordelayne, Sentinel2 and FBohler like this.
  12. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

As it stands the reward for logging in after this is a ... mask.

Trick or Treat?! Happy Halloween all!

FBohler likes this.
  13. Anpu

Anpu Bug Hunter

And a bed, a title and a few other things you seemed to have missed?

14. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

unfortunately it is just labeled as the normal monthly log in reward which is a mask but open the bundle there is a bunch more in there

15. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Yeah let's not talk about the elephant in the room.

Room = a nasty rollback
    Elephant = take the 2x XP and shut up.

Cordelayne likes this.
  16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Ingame commemorative T-shirt, tennis shoes & baseball cap.
    ~TL~

17. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

Sad I won't be able to log in until the 15th due to work. Be interested to see what happens.

18. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

we have hay bales, piles of hay, and other farm items. We have different graphics of insects, butterflies and glowing smoke. What we are missing is an aspect of farming that everyone on a farm has ran into - piles of manure. How about a few different piles of manure - with wisps of green "aroma" and flies circling it. Maybe some plain, and some with the animations. And those can be named R106

Enfo and FBohler like this.
  19. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I want every character to receive in their rewards a potion/scroll that lets you transfer your pooled XP to another character (1 time use). @Ravalox

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I dunno.

2x XP is when we're celebrating something.

And celebrating the game is back. I guess I just don't see it that way. Glad its back btw.

Cordelayne likes this.