Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ideas for Magic weapons and clothing items.

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Link_of_Hyrule, Feb 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

So lately I've really been feeling that there has been a lack of magic weapons such as wands and staffs as well as robes and other magical clothing and magical armor with enchantments. I was thinking it would be awesome to have crafting recipes to create these type of items with highly customizable enchantments. I listed some of my ideas below.

• Elemental damage (Fire, Ice, Air, Earth, Etc).
    • Focus gathering ability which causes your focus to regen quicker.
    • Ability to give you higher max focus.
    • Boost to spells of a specific element type(s).
    • Low reagent cost for more powerful spells with less ingredients. (Might include some sort of stipulation i.g. only works on full moon)
    • Other bonuses from magic channeling.
    • Protection from specific element types but also some limited physical protection.
    • Decreased fizzle chance for specific elemental types.
    Depending on the materials used and how and where the items are made possibly when they are made like a full moon or at night all these things could attribute to the different abilities and enchantments of the items. Depending on the abilities of the weapons or armor they might degrade faster over time and might require you to obtain specialized resources to repair them and high skill levels in specialized skills to do so. This way even if the items are quite powerful they can be balanced out. You would be required specific skills to use specific items ie if something protects against fire damage maybe you need a high ice skill since it's the opposite of fire? I remember there is a chart the devs made that can be used to figure all that out.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Try crafting items with different materials, already in game just not very well flushed out yet. Crafting has a LONG way to go.

Just about everything you ask for is already there :)

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  3. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Yeah I haven't done crafting for a while but I did notice it was going a bit towards this like the fire and air damage swords. I'm talking specifically for weapons and armor that are enhanced for magic users that can't use heavy physical armor. The armor would basically be useless to non-magic users because you would need magic skills for them to take full effect basically the opposite of heavy armor causing fizzles for spells.

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Fire enchantments on weaposn give 10% bonus to your fire spell damage already. Not weapon damage

5. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I'll have to check that out.

6. Birko

Birko Avatar

I love this concept. It adds a variable based around time, which means crafters really need to plan crafting sessions, and be aware of the cyclical moon/s.

-Birko

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

8. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I get here and I don't even have the energy to offer an opinion. That's my feedback for this thread, and basically every thread at this point.

SotA depression. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.