Ideas For the Developers All in One

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by majoria70, Jul 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

How about a living document? So this is not a post for debates or a lot of open discussion. It is a place to list your ideas on different systems and features of Sota. Remember to work with what we have. It is not to scrap it all and start over discussion.

So given what is in Sota now how can we embellish what is there. Many systems are still bare bones and now is the time to get ideas to the Devs to use when they need them all in one place.

I will consider your ideas to add to this document if they are constructive.
    I want this to be a community effort that encourages great usable ideas all in one place.

My idea is that it could be a living document printed out by the development team to hear our ideas in regards to what is in the game and what is coming to the game.

So for example in September it is said that Agriculture and Fishing finally will get updates. Now you know most of us have certain ideas of what those systems need to look like before this game launches. We also think we know the minimum amount of things there should be in the game before launch.

This thread is an opportunity to get your ideas on this paper. So come September the Devs can say hmmm let me see what ideas they had for fishing or agriculture, and then any other time they are looking for ideas they can check this document for things like ideas we have in regards to questing, thievery, combat, loot, etc.

Also add good loot ideas here. This is really needed in this game also. We need more interesting and fun loot.

Ok so you don't have to read all if you don't want to, just look at areas you are interested in impacting and post your ideas to add to the document.

Sorry if I did not catch all typos. I will try to update as we catch them to make more sense. ;) Posting below ideas so far. I will update as ideas come in.

Thanks for helping everyone. This game will be fantastic with everyone's help. Unlike any other game and we can help.

Remember see below and it is *warning, warning* long document.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    zerothis, ship2, amarious and 2 others like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Here are the categories:

Achievement system in-game:

Why we should not release this game without an achievement system right off.

I feel strongly that Achievement systems give direction and goals for the player when they don't know what else to do.

Achievment systems give strong reason to play and continue to play and if there are rewards with the achivement even if it is a point system leading to a big reward or serveral rewards then all the better.

Adding in an achievement system that makes note of your progress and and ta-da that you've completed an achievement.

Examples of exploration achievements would be catch one of every type of fish in the game, cook every type of fish, eat every type of fish, but it could be broken down to catch 5 types, then 20 etc.

Achievment systems can Reward players for being loyal to the game and make it seem like playing is a big deal and it is noticed:

Don't forget to add in a fantastic achievment system and Let our achievement system encourage explorations. Like perhaps:

add exploration nodes that improve trade functions.

Like Black Desert Online give the *world of knowledge* award that flashed on screen and gave me 5 gold bars, but their gold bars are worth millions of gold pieces to sell. This is from talking to npcs, plus your energy gets increased +1 or +2 after explorations and talking to people. We could get an amazing +1 to hit points and +1 to focus permanently from some things we achieve or do.

We are also missing some of these dynamics that flash on screen for us with a sound that we achieved them.

I don't pretend to know but here are a couple of links about achievement systems. One is for C#

http://www.mikeadev.net/2014/05/simple-achievement-system-in-csharp/

https://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.co...ing-achievements-for-your-games--gamedev-3371

https://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-code-unlockable-achievements-for-your-game-a-simple-approach--gamedev-601

Agriculture:

Also for agriculture besides adding skills to it and making gm matter. Give some fun and interesting things to it:

-Batch planting is planned

-I like the magic broom gets water for you, perhaps he raises skill to collect more water as he gains skill from our wells.

-Plant breeding would be awesome to get better quality of seed that give more yield and perhaps you get a secret seed that grows something interesting like juicy watermelon that crafts better versions of food, potions etc. (special ingredients could be really fun too and a add some fun surprise to get maybe add more time to food made with *special ingredients*)

How about our plants are better if we have better skills and when lower skilled they have a chance to get plant fungus or plant rot and die sometimes.

There could be things we can do to make them grow better, like fertilizers and playing music to them or talking to them also.

Also worms come out of the ground sometimes when it rains.

We need fertilizers and animals that create it for us to harvest,even droppings in the world from bears, deer, cows (husbandry later please) etc *plugs nose* and fish that go bad perhaps make good fertilizer.

Agriculture as well as many areas of the game needs to notify with Visuals and comments given by Avatar and also game gives are very important for us to enjoy the moments in this game.

- Visuals -We totally need to see progress and what is going on in some way visually.

-It would so cool if we could have a broom pet get us water even if once a day and skill could make that broom work better.

-One idea I had was when a plant gets fungus or rot was to use alchemy to craft potions to cure them or slow the rot. Was already done in Ultima Online but I really liked that concept. I had my own garden on the roof top of an 18x18 house I had and I grew orange pedals for the guild I was in -submitted by @amarious

Boating (Episode 2)
    Later when boats are in add deep sea fishing and open water mass of ocean to explore since this game irritates with a ton of loading screens.

We need Giant sea monster, krakens, sharks, pirahna type fish and more. Different boats. Large ships, sail boats, kayack.

Owning a small boat can fish many places but is more dangerous and could sink in rough water perhaps, but a cheaper way to go to have fun, there could be a few sizes, row boats, sailboats etc.

Emotes:
    snow angel emote: avatar lays down in snow and moves arms to make a snow angel - idea submitted by @Luca Xante

Characters/Avatars:

Suggestions:
    Request for Makeup or even lipstick or colored lips. I think ours need some color.

Please fix female running to not look so strange. One person said like a stick up her behind ;)

Crafting:

Creatures:

Empty areas will bore people, fill it with different things, nodes of ore, perhaps a wandering special creature that glows and shows up only occasionally if someone is lucky to find one and they have a special treasure on them if you kill them or give you a buff or both, like unicorns, but take a virtue hit for killing but fun rewards.

Fishing:
    Fishing Events: Could Make announcements occcasionly like: fishing event is starting in 10 minutes: and list cool rewards to players.

Add daily fishing quest contest across britannia to catch largest fish or certain fish or most fish, something different each time. Add fishing loot that is interesting, messages in a bottle that tells of a treasure you can find or gives a clue to something. Occasionally fish up a treasure chest (make some of them need lock picks perhaps or skill to open, well for the better ones).

Make fishing skill matter, better loot possible if you are skilled and gm fisherman matters too. Hitting the space bar at the right moment gives chance to reel that fish in.

Make fishing extra special for the many fishermen/fisherwomen here before release. Go for it please.

Bring in a great fishing system with:

A large variety of fish and fish lore pointing at a fish tells about about weights region, etc. different bait does different things and catches different fish better(makes it mean something).

Add a few interesting fishing dynamics like space bar to reel in fish at a certain time with an animation of bending pole to pull fish in. Make it fun.

Create many types of fish like Cave fish, flame fish,brook fish, fish that like deep water, cold water, dark places (included in their lore if you point at them).

Include Ice fishing and perhaps ice fishing tool to cut ice and snowy biomes need fixed for fishing even if it is ice fishing. Catching a frozen fish could mean something *wink* *wink* ;) ie cold water fish and perhaps spear fishing and more water creatures.

Different types of fishing poles to use that give speed, quality of fish caught, less line breakage) actually hearing the snap.

Very common in games is in game announcement that event is starting.

So On release have special events in game for example to catch a fish that swallowed a deed for example:

Hide one lot deed on one fish random, or maybe sparkle dye pack, or a coto or two, or armor or patterns etc.

(someone else suggested suggested the fish swallowed a deed to give credit to them whoever they were) ;).

Scissor kits would be cool to fix tings perhaps.

Also colorful bobbers and fishing line types. ;)

Perhaps a very special fishing hole in a cave behind the waterfall or a hole you fall through to some secret pool of water, but don't forget ore is rare and include nodes in nooks and crannies for us, perhaps secret chest, secret monster etc and change it up random maybe.

Make fishing skill matter, better loot possible if you are skilled and gm fisherman matters too. Hitting the space bar at the right moment gives chance to reel that fish in and depending on skill you may catch that fish, but it will also be a random surprise occasionally.

Loot and Treasure:
    Loot ideas:

Even everyday doing nothing serious but just fun at ravensmoor was jumping rocks and finding hidden ore nodes, just passing time.

Also our loot sucks for more than one reason. It is not interesting.

It is not all about more is better, it is about interesting loot too.

Suggestion: Go back into all areas of the game and don't skimp on what is there and add nodes, secrets, surprises everywhere or many more places at least, tops of mountains, fall of a cliff and survive and hmmm what is that you say ;).

Finding things like for example a piece of ore, a treasure chest, a hidden cave with something in it to find. Give us abundance of things to find and discover.

Finding something unusual: cursed item that curses us and sends us to see a specific medic to get the cure. We could have a slightly lower stat reduction in taking this item shown visually, stagger a little and comments like *you feel ill*. Many interesting ideas for loot and quest rewards from other games.

Speed bolts: clickable bolts you find in loot that give you a burst of energy to bolt you forward a short distance. They eventually decay and turn red and unusable after a period of time but are fun and useful to use at the perfect moment. They are not tradeable.

How about sometimes finding pet eggs as loot. Runes of magic does this. Then you hatch them from an egg, train them and unlock features. *add more to this*

Finding loot that is incentive type loot too can be interesting:

Like relics you find on bodies and in the world that complete a puzzle someplace and they are not easy to find and even perhaps randomized in where they are so we can't say exactly where they will be at any moment.

Mounts (Episode 2)
    Breed them like in Black Desert Onine as well... maybe just to pull my wagon full of wares around too (lots of different wagon types) :p -Submitted by @Brugus

Would be nice to see other reasons to have mounts than simple travel implemented. Maybe basement museums, zoos, wildlife preserves so they are separate instances not killing everyone's performance in a town. - Submitted by @Brugus

Horse -races

Obstacle courses with jumps and hurdles to take your mounts through.

Horse and buggy driving and contests- don't let that buggy tip over. ;)

Music:

We should be able to get ***soothing music*** from more than the harp of invigoration. It is a fantastic buff that could buff our plants and us too and make music matter more too in this game.

How about comments from our plants like *plant looks healthy*, *plant might need water*, or *this plant looks ill* and show the plant visually being ill or infested by green glow on the plant and perhaps a little sparkles on healthy plants.

More barding capabilities would be awesome. Bards could have skills that add fun, like play a certain tune and all around you dance even npcs ;)

Pvp:

Pvp adventures added to the game will make all the difference. People just want to play it their way.

A couple of ideas I can think of are this:
    The game calculates players skill level upon attack or being attacked showing lower rating and higher rating. An option choice is clickable in settings that allows players to be unattackable by higher rated players. It might say *this player is lower rated and is un-attackable* or the option to *remain attack-able by everyone* is there too.

Another idea is to have pvp quest lines that give criminal points and generate wanted posters, perhaps picked up from town criers to place on bulletin boards through out the lands. Once a players head has been turned into a town crier or quest giver then the town criers no longer show the player wanted poster.

The quest line could have a series of quests and of things to do for the pvp player that give them criminal points like stealing, killing a certain amount of players, etc. Once the criminal points build to a designated amount then they get criminal status glowing if the player has the quest and flyer of them and until a player collects the bounty on them and turns in their head to resolve the quest. It is a repeatable quest.

Lately I have been think of Control points as a possible pass through for players to control. The question is how to make it for Pve player control and Pvp player control.

One thought is that holding a control point and winning a control point is a quest given at the entrance so whether it being two guilds fighting over it and the creatures there or pve players fighting just the creatures, if won this control point is owned by them along with the token rewards for holding it and other rewards stating this control point is held by such and such and each day they hold it gives more reward in some way, gold, tokens to buy something, special rewards of some type.

The entrance to the control point will say owned by whoever owns it player or guild and every day they own it could reward them, like you gained gold from owning the control point shows up like *ta-da* sound.

I don't want the control point to turn pvp though so pve players will still pass at their own volition and not be attacked by other players but the spawn could attack them as now and there could still be a payment to pass that is possible from the npc there as is there is now.

Other than that for Pvp I think meaning is really important, sometimes perhaps it is just about the fighting other players competitiveness and other times they may want pvp challenges fighting for an area or flag, but I say it does not hurt that there is the challenge and the rewards should have meaning too.

Taming and Pets:

Taming small wyverns or dragons has been mentioned to me, perhaps not a huge dragon to drag around and get in peoples way but a feisty baby dragon smaller sized dragon would be awesome to see who has stunted growth maybe.

Thievery:

Thievery is usable by anyone for npcs. Affective depending on skill to use in towns: if caught, guards are called and transport you outside the city and make it so you lose amity with that npc who will raise his prices for you, perhaps he/she buys for less from you,perhaps he won't talk to you, well until you prove your loyalty by doing errands for him to make ammends. 1st he warns you, 2nd he gets a bit more angry, 3rd then he calls the guards on you.

Travel:

Getting from one place to another in this game is sometimes a pain in the butt.

Please reconsider rune books and marking rune type travel even if it takes tokens earned by doing achievements which gives another reason to do things.

We have a land full of disjointed hexes and new people are lost and complaining about getting around this world as well as long time players.

A fun game is one that does not make you suffer and take hours to just get from place to place. It is rediculous and will be one of the losing points against Sota called 'Lost and Confused'. This game is not ending up being the game it was at first planned to be. It has evolved. Travel needs to evolve with it.

Quest ideas:
    Town quests could offer us to find a npc thief on the roof and in reward we get a painting or a unique lamp. We would have to jump around challenging rooftops for it too and hopefully our jumping skills are up to it ;).

Virtue and Chaos:
    How about having virtue and chaos ratings show on a fill level like a heart and chaox ad to how full they are Again visuals are very important to let us know how we are progressing.

Show progress with choices and some consequences for actions like:

Killing horses, Unicorns (we don't have but hoping for a special creature), and other chaotic and virtuous actions shown visually and comments from the oracle and NPC's.

For example some NPC's won't talk to you much and may require you to build favor by doing some errands for them to build favor.

edited

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    Datendrache, zerothis, Rhunen and 7 others like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

check for edits as I add ideas I hear from players.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. amarious

amarious Avatar

I really like the idea of playing music to the plants.

One idea I had was when a plant gets fungus or rot was to use alchemy to craft potions to cure them or slow the rot. Was already done in Ultima Online but I really liked that concept. I had my own garden on the roof top of an 18x18 house I had and I grew orange pedals for the guild I was in.

Edit: Also, something for crafting I just thought of tonight. Lets say you have an item that is very worn and you have a stack of 30 repairs. Maybe have an option to use repairs needed to repair to full. So instead of using just 1 repair at a time, which can be a pain, you automatically use 4 repairs to repair to full.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Time Lord and majoria70 like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Added some mount ideas. If I see a good idea in threads form the community. I will try to grab it for this living document. I will submit it to the Devs. :)

amarious and Time Lord like this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

It's very bright @majoria70 :cool::D maybe use less color accept for punctuations or headers for the topics (tips from a notorious eye strain creator >>>--->) :p~TL~

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Sorry for the eye strain Time Lord. I'll see what I can do. I'm at my mom's ATM and only have my phone for a month or so. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

(I just remember back in the days when all my posts were in orange :p and I got more than a few messages from our developers begging me to change the color and that's the only reason I bring it up, because it's a truly "Awesomely Great Post" that I'd actually hate to see our developers pass it by ;) So here it is re-rendered for my friend :)~TL~)

How about a living document? So this is not a post for debates or a lot of open discussion. It is a place to list your ideas on different systems and features of Sota. Remember to work with what we have. It is not to scrap it all and start over discussion.

So given what is in Sota now how can we embellish what is there. Many systems are still bare bones and now is the time to get ideas to the Devs to use when they need them all in one place.

I will consider your ideas to add to this document if they are constructive.
    I want this to be a community effort that encourages great usable ideas all in one place.

My idea is that it could be a living document printed out by the development team to hear our ideas in regards to what is in the game and what is coming to the game.

So for example in September it is said that Agriculture and Fishing finally will get updates. Now you know most of us have certain ideas of what those systems need to look like before this game launches. We also think we know the minimum amount of things there should be in the game before launch.

This thread is an opportunity to get your ideas on this paper. So come September the Devs can say hmmm let me see what ideas they had for fishing or agriculture, and then any other time they are looking for ideas they can check this document for things like ideas we have in regards to questing, thievery, combat, loot, etc.

Also add good loot ideas here. This is really needed in this game also. We need more interesting and fun loot.

Ok so you don't have to read all if you don't want to, just look at areas you are interested in impacting and post your ideas to add to the document.

Sorry if I did not catch all typos. I will try to update as we catch them to make more sense. ;) Posting below ideas so far. I will update as ideas come in.

Thanks for helping everyone. This game will be fantastic with everyone's help. Unlike any other game and we can help.

Remember see below and it is *warning, warning* long document.

Here are the categories:

Achievement system in-game:

Why we should not release this game without an achievement system right off.

I feel strongly that Achievement systems give direction and goals for the player when they don't know what else to do.

Achievment systems give strong reason to play and continue to play and if there are rewards with the achivement even if it is a point system leading to a big reward or serveral rewards then all the better.

Adding in an achievement system that makes note of your progress and and ta-da that you've completed an achievement.

Examples of exploration achievements would be catch one of every type of fish in the game, cook every type of fish, eat every type of fish, but it could be broken down to catch 5 types, then 20 etc.

Achievment systems can Reward players for being loyal to the game and make it seem like playing is a big deal and it is noticed:

Don't forget to add in a fantastic achievment system and Let our achievement system encourage explorations. Like perhaps:

add exploration nodes that improve trade functions.

Like Black Desert Online give the *world of knowledge* award that flashed on screen and gave me 5 gold bars, but their gold bars are worth millions of gold pieces to sell. This is from talking to npcs, plus your energy gets increased +1 or +2 after explorations and talking to people. We could get an amazing +1 to hit points and +1 to focus permanently from some things we achieve or do. We are also missing some of these dynamics that flash on screen for us with a sound that we achieved them.

I don't pretend to know but here are a couple of links about achievement systems. One is for C#

http://www.mikeadev.net/2014/05/simple-achievement-system-in-csharp/

https://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.co...ing-achievements-for-your-games--gamedev-3371

https://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.co...for-your-game-a-simple-approach--gamedev-6012

Agriculture:

Also for agriculture besides adding skills to it and gm matters. Give some fun and interesting things to it:

-Batch planting is planned

-I like the magic broom gets water for you, perhaps he raises skill to collect more water as he gains skill from our wells.

-Plant breeding would be awesome to get better quality of seed that give more yield and perhaps you get a secret seed that grows something interesting like juicy watermelon that crafts better versions of food, potions etc. (special ingredients could be really fun too and a add some fun surprise to get maybe add more time to food made with *special ingredients*)

How about our plants are better if we have better skills and when lower skilled they have a chance to get plant fungus or plant rot and die sometimes.

There could be things we can do to make them grow better, like fertilizers and playing music to them or talking to them also.

Also worms come out of the ground sometimes when it rains.

We need fertilizers and animals that create it for us to harvest,even droppings in the world from bears, deer, cows (husbandry later please) etc *plugs nose* and fish that go bad perhaps make good fertilizer.

Agriculture and the game needs Visuals and comments the game and avatar give are very important for us to enjoy the moments in this game.

- Visuals -We totally need to see progress and what is going on in some way visually.

-It would be if we could have a broom pet get us water even if once a day and skill could make that broom work better.

-One idea I had was when a plant gets fungus or rot was to use alchemy to craft potions to cure them or slow the rot. Was already done in Ultima Online but I really liked that concept. I had my own garden on the roof top of an 18x18 house I had and I grew orange pedals for the guild I was in -submitted by @amarious

Boating (Episode 2)
    Later when boats are in add deep sea fishing and open water mass of ocean to explore since this game irritates with a ton of loading screens.

We need Giant sea monster, krakens, sharks, pirahna type fish and more. Different boats. Large ships, sail boats, kayack.

Owning a small boat can fish many places but is more dangerous and could sink in rough water perhaps, but a cheaper way to go to have fun, there could be a few sizes, row boats, sailboats etc.

Emotes:
    snow angel emote: avatar lays down in snow and moves arms to make a snow angel - idea submitted by @Luca Xante

Characters/Avatars:
    Suggestions:
    Request for Makeup or even lipstick or colored lips. I think ours need some color.

Please fix female running to not look so strange. One person said like a stick up her behind ;)

Creatures:

Empty areas will bore people, fill it with different things, nodes of ore, perhaps a wandering special creature that glows and shows up only occasionally if someone is lucky to find one and they have a special treasure on them if you kill them or give you a buff or both, like unicorns, but take a virtue hit for killing but fun rewards.

Fishing:
    Fishing Events: Could Make announcements occcasionly like: fishing event is starting in 10 minutes: and list cool rewards to players.

Add daily fishing quest contest across britannia to catch largest fish or certain fish or most fish, something different each time. Add fishing loot that is interesting, messages in a bottle that tells of a treasure you can find or gives a clue to something. Occasionally fish up a treasure chest (make some of them need lock picks perhaps or skill to open, well for the better ones).

Make fishing skill matter, better loot possible if you are skilled and gm fisherman matters too. Hitting the space bar at the right moment gives chance to reel that fish in.

Make fishing extra special for the many fishermen/fisherwomen here before release. Go for it please.

Bring in a great fishing system with:

A large variety of fish and fish lore pointing at a fish tells about about weights region, etc. different bait does different things and catches different fish better(makes it mean something).

Add a few interesting fishing dynamics like space bar to reel in fish at a certain time with an animation of bending pole to pull fish in. Make it fun.

Create many types of fish like Cave fish, flame fish,brook fish, fish that like deep water, cold water, dark places (included in their lore if you point at them).

Include Ice fishing and perhaps ice fishing tool to cut ice and snowy biomes need fixed for fishing even if it is ice fishing. Catching a frozen fish could mean something *wink* *wink* ;) ie cold water fish and perhaps spear fishing and more water creatures.

Different types of fishing poles to use that give speed, quality of fish caught, less line breakage) actually hearing the snap.

Very common in games is in game announcement that event is starting.

So On release have special events in game for example to catch a fish that swallowed a deed for example:

Hide one lot deed on one fish random, or maybe sparkle dye pack, or a coto or two, or armor or patterns etc.

(someone else suggested suggested the fish swallowed a deed to give credit to them whoever they were) ;).

Scissor kits would be cool to fix tings perhaps.

Also colorful bobbers and fishing line types. ;)

Perhaps a very special fishing hole in a cave behind the waterfall or a hole you fall through to some secret pool of water, but don't forget ore is rare and include nodes in nooks and crannies for us, perhaps secret chest, secret monster etc and change it up random maybe.

Make fishing skill matter, better loot possible if you are skilled and gm fisherman matters too. Hitting the space bar at the right moment gives chance to reel that fish in and depending on skill you may catch that fish, but it will also be a random surprise occasionally.

Loot and Treasure:
    Loot ideas:

Even everyday doing nothing serious but just fun at ravensmoor was jumping rocks and finding hidden ore nodes, just passing time.

Also our loot sucks for more than one reason. It is not interesting.

It is not all about more is better, it is about interesting loot too.

Suggestion: Go back into all areas of the game and don't skimp on what is there and add nodes, secrets, surprises everywhere or many more places at least, tops of mountains, fall of a cliff and survive and hmmm what is that you say ;).

Finding things like for example a piece of ore, a treasure chest, a hidden cave with something in it to find. Give us abundance of things to find and discover.

Finding something unusual: cursed item that curses us and sends us to see a specific medic to get the cure. We could have a slightly lower stat reduction in taking this item shown visually, stagger a little and comments like *you feel ill*. Many interesting ideas for loot and quest rewards from other games.

Speed bolts: clickable bolts you find in loot that give you a burst of energy to bolt you forward a short distance. They eventually decay and turn red and unusable after a period of time but are fun and useful to use at the perfect moment. They are not tradeable.

How about sometimes finding pet eggs as loot. Runes of magic does this. Then you hatch them from an egg, train them and unlock features. *add more to this*

Finding loot that is incentive type loot too can be interesting:

Like relics you find on bodies and in the world that complete a puzzle someplace and they are not easy to find and even perhaps randomized in where they are so we can't say exactly where they will be at any moment.

Mounts (Episode 2)
    Breed them like in Black Desert Onine as well... maybe just to pull my wagon full of wares around too (lots of different wagon types) :p -Submitted by @Brugus

Would be nice to see other reasons to have mounts than simple travel implemented. Maybe basement museums, zoos, wildlife preserves so they are separate instances not killing everyone's performance in a town. - Submitted by @Brugus

Horse -races

Obstacle courses with jumps and hurdles to take your mounts through.

Horse and buggy driving and contests- don't let that buggy tip over. ;)

Music:

We should be able to get ***soothing music*** from more than the harp of invigoration. It is a fantastic buff that could buff our plants and us too and make music matter more too in this game.

How about comments from our plants like *plant looks healthy*, *plant might need water*, or *this plant looks ill* and show the plant visually being ill or infested by green glow on the plant and perhaps a little sparkles on healthy plants.

More barding capabilities would be awesome. Bards could have skills that add fun, like play a certain tune and all around you dance even npcs ;)

Pvp:

Pvp adventures added to the game will make all the difference. People just want to play it their way.

A couple of ideas I can think of are this:
    The game calculates players skill level upon attack or being attacked showing lower rating and higher rating. An option choice is clickable in settings that allows players to be unattackable by higher rated players. It might say *this player is lower rated and is un-attackable* or the option to *remain attack-able by everyone* is there too.

Another idea is to have pvp quest lines that give criminal points and generate wanted posters, perhaps picked up from town criers to place on bulletin boards through out the lands. Once a players head has been turned into a town crier or quest giver then the town criers no longer show the player wanted poster.

The quest line could have a series of quests and of things to do for the pvp player that give them criminal points like stealing, killing a certain amount of players, etc. Once the criminal points build to a designated amount then they get criminal status glowing if the player has the quest and flyer of them and until a player collects the bounty on them and turns in their head to resolve the quest. It is a repeatable quest.

Lately I have been think of Control points as a possible pass through for players to control. The question is how to make it for Pve player control and Pvp player control.

One thought is that holding a control point and winning a control point is a quest given at the entrance so whether it being two guilds fighting over it and the creatures there or pve players fighting just the creatures, if won this control point is owned by them along with the token rewards for holding it and other rewards stating this control point is held by such and such and each day they hold it gives more reward in some way, gold, tokens to buy something, special rewards of some type.

The entrance to the control point will say owned by whoever owns it player or guild and every day they own it could reward them, like you gained gold from owning the control point shows up like *ta-da* sound.

I don't want the control point to turn pvp though so pve players will still pass at their own volition and not be attacked by other players but the spawn could attack them as now and there could still be a payment to pass that is possible from the npc there as is there is now.

Other than that for Pvp I think meaning is really important, sometimes perhaps it is just about the fighting other players competitiveness and other times they may want pvp challenges fighting for an area or flag, but I say it does not hurt that there is the challenge and the rewards should have meaning too.

Taming and Pets:

Taming small wyverns or dragons has been mentioned to me, perhaps not a huge dragon to drag around and get in peoples way but a feisty baby dragon smaller sized dragon would be awesome to see who has stunted growth maybe.

Thievery:

Thievery is usable by anyone for npcs. Affective depending on skill to use in towns: if caught, guards are called and transport you outside the city and make it so you lose amity with that npc who will raise his prices for you, perhaps he/she buys for less from you,perhaps he won't talk to you, well until you prove your loyalty by doing errands for him to make ammends. 1st he warns you, 2nd he gets a bit more angry, 3rd then he calls the guards on you.

Travel:

Getting from one place to another in this game is sometimes a pain in the butt.

Please reconsider rune books and marking rune type travel even if it takes tokens earned by doing achievements which gives another reason to do things.

We have a land full of disjointed hexes and new people are lost and complaining about getting around this world as well as long time players.

A fun game is one that does not make you suffer and take hours to just get from place to place. It is rediculous and will be one of the losing points against Sota called 'Lost and Confused'. This game is not ending up being the game it was at first planned to be. It has evolved. Travel needs to evolve with it.

Quest ideas:
    Town quests could offer us to find a npc thief on the roof and in reward we get a painting or a unique lamp. We would have to jump around challenging rooftops for it too and hopefully our jumping skills are up to it ;).

Virtue and Chaos:
    How about having virtue and chaos ratings show on a fill level like a heart and chaox ad to how full they are Again visuals are very important to let us know how we are progressing.

Show progress with choices and some consequences for actions like:

Killing horses, Unicorns (we don't have but hoping for a special creature), and other chaotic and virtuous actions shown visually and comments from the oracle and NPC's.

For example some NPC's won't talk to you much and may require you to build favor by doing some errands for them to build favor.

edited

9. Psyche

Psyche Avatar

Whoah @Time Lord & @majoria70 , that sure is a list. I can't wait for agriculture <3 and I absolutely like your ideas about it.

" -Plant breeding would be awesome to get better quality of seed that give more yield and perhaps you get a secret seed that grows something interesting like juicy watermelon that crafts better versions of food, potions etc. (special ingredients could be really fun too and a add some fun surprise to get maybe add more time to food made with *special ingredients*)

- How about our plants are better if we have better skills and when lower skilled they have a chance to get plant fungus or plant rot and die sometimes."

Having the ability to proc on harvesting crops- even if the chance is immensely scarse - and getting the chance to loot a rare item, further used in crafting, is brilliant.
    I'm also in for plants to die whenever you don't water them after a while, although so many (lazy) farmers would disagree. Or well, just people who don't have enough time to play, and still love to do agriculture.

Couldn't have proposed the ideas I had in mind for it any better, along the other things you suggested.
    May'haps make it not too fun though? Before we don't come out of our gardens any more :D

Actually to be entirely honest, I don't really favor the idea of having a batch planted, watered in one go. If to be done realistic, we'd need a tractor or at least a plow with animation for it.
    Well, that might still depend on how many plants you have to take care about, think I'd need a freaking watering airplane.

@amarious I really like the idea aswell to have the option to be able to use the rotten plants , or fungus for fruther processing such as alchemy, or feed for animals (doesn't have to be overdue for that matter) so it's not all lost.
    I'm looking forward to have more sorts of plants, crops and maybe even mushrooms and certain colourful flowers and (maybe) some exotic seeds. - Want to make pineappel juice for when at the beach, after a long day of work at the farms =p.

10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Time Lord's Agriculture Wish List :oops:
    • I want to grow a pet in my garden :)
    • and I want to grow carnivorous plants that need meat instead of water :confused:
    • and I want a giant caterpillar to attack me while I'm doing it right there in my POT :D

Luca Xante, Psyche and majoria70 like this.
  11. Psyche

Psyche Avatar

In be4 stinging bees, spiders and moles

Luca Xante, Time Lord and majoria70 like this.
  12. Max Bennis

Max Bennis Avatar

This is awesome idea, @majoria70 ! I'd very much like to participate.

I do have some ideas to share;

Crafting

I think an incentive system for crafting failure would be a good idea.

Giving a bonus chance whenever you fail in crafting, so next time you craft after a failure, you've less chance to miss than the last one. I mean, don't you tend to focus and try not to break something when try it for the second time, not to mention the third?
    (e.g. 1st try - 94% of success chance - FAIL
    2nd try - 94% + 1%~3% failure incentive - SUCCESS)

Main Quest

Providing cut-scene or short video as a background explanation(many RPG games use it)
    Giving players reason to do main quests is very important, and SotA does it only in text form.

I think through live cutscenes players can understand the situation of New Britannia better,
    and better understanding will lead to more immersion into the world.

Sub-Quest

Early quests should provide players with adequate set of gears(armor, weapon, etc).
    In order to let new players to adapt in actually enjoy the game, starting gears is somewhat essential.
    Although many hospitallers have generously offered their hands regarding this matter, but not every players
    come to forum and seek guidance.

Combat

I've watched multiple videos of individual reviewers' SotA playthrough from YouTube, most of their complaints
    were 'combat is not fun.'
    I strongly believe this is a issue that devs should consider seriously.
    When I play SotA, I spend 80 ~ 90% of time fighting mobs and personally, I too, find combat animation dull and clunky.
    Yes, I know this is still under development, and there's much more you can do besides hacking through wolves and bandits, but I'm an explorer, not a craftsman. Crafting was never my priority since day 1, and never will be.
    I want to explore and feel the world rich with lore, which is why I played LOTRO for a considerable amounts of time.

My suggestion for combat system is to add block success-attack failure motion(sword held back) and other animation and effect that might feel the combat more 'alive.'

13. MindBlast

MindBlast Avatar

Something like this MUST be done, to get single player fans to play the game and other players more interested of the story. After all this is SP game too. Maybe like drawn pictures of the main plot points and added voice overs, one "storyteller" VO would be probably enough (like in the intro scene) if we are on budget. And support those, add few cut scenes done by Unity own tools like Timeline.

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thanks for the great ideas keep them coming. I'm out of town but I will surely get your great ideas added to our document as soon as I can.

15. Ayelis

Ayelis Avatar

Navigation:
    I'd like the ability to know what part of the world I'm about to head into when entering or exiting a scene.
    Currently, for instance, when leaving Vauban Pass via the South Exit, the game gives you the subtitle Novia. Leaving Vauban Pass via the North Exit, however, gives you the same term: Novia. These parts of Novia are not connected via any sort of land bridge, so they shouldn't be called the same thing. I'd expect this area to be called "Northeast Novia" vs "Central Novia", or maybe "Drachvald" vs "Grunvald". If I got turned around in a zone during a confusing firefight, I'd like some indication I'm in the wrong spot before I go wasting bandwidth and CPU cycles reloading zones.

Likewise, when entering certain town scenes such as Ardoris, choosing [Enter Area] from different locations near Ardoris on the Overworld will spawn you at different locations within town, some of which are far less useful. There's no indication of this when you walk around the Overworld, however. It's all just Ardoris. The Ardoris Ferry gets specific indicators for different areas of town, but on the Overworld, our avatars become too stupid to recognize these areas?
    I'd either love to see the Ardoris Ferry list: "Ardoris, Ardoris, Ardoris, Ardoris, and Ardoris" the way these areas are listed on the Overworld, or I want the Overworld to tell you where the heck you're going when you click [Enter Area].

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  16. Ayelis

Ayelis Avatar

@Aartemis had a great idea for the developers, in another thread;
    I second this idea!

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi there community. I'm sorry I wanted to update this thread with your wonderful ideas as I see them here and notice them while reading threads and I still will.

Unfortunately I'm still away from home with my elderly mother. She is fragile and enjoying having her 5 girls around her. It is precious moments. I do miss seeing and knowing fully what's happening in game even though I'm trying to keep in touch here.

For those who don't know me much, I'm a long time backer since 11/20/2013 and a huge stand for this being the best game it can be. I am known as Majoria in game if I can ever assist anyone. I should return at least by the end of September perhaps sooner.

Best wishes everyone and please rally with me for missing basics and satisfying systems and fun features added to this game before it releases.

September is said to be updates to fishing and agriculture, yet nothing, Nada, zilch is being mentioned on the wonderfulness being planned for these. Help me rally to get these systems and more up to release ready status please, please, please. I'll be watching;) *hugs*

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Rhunen

Rhunen Avatar

Equipment:
    How about an option on our hooded cloaks to use the cloak's hood instead of our helmets visually? This could be a good compromise between the two camps on the hide helm subject.

Thanks for making this post Majoria :)

19. Katu

Katu Avatar

Great idea!

Death xp decay penalty should be remade. It hits hardest to solo, active casual gamer. Decay punishes for exploring dangerous areas and as we have all seen, it has not stopped players from getting 40+ gms, so it really does not have effect on those, whom it should have. ( Just look at the current 2 most discussed threads, all about the decay )

Also:
    The font for the text is way too big on this thread. Im reading it from 27" monitor with only full hd resolution and those letters are huge. Its hard to read.

20. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

this should be pinned!

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.