I'm looking for the perfect spot!

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by melonjelly, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melonjelly

melonjelly Avatar

To celebrate Release 41, and also as a hopeful investment into the future of SotA, I have decided to purchase a tax-free row bundle within the coming days to show my support. While I am not completely satisfied with the way things are currently with several mechanics of the gameplay, there was a recent attempt to foster the feedback of the community in addressing one of the major issues I have with the contemporary state of things. This has given me some reassurance in further supporting this project, which I hope to continue to see between the developers and the community. If and when things begin to further evolve toward a state I am comfortable with, I will be attempting to upgrade to a tax-free village lot.

Given that I do not have the time to individually visit each and every POT, I figured this may be the most suitable course of action! If you would be so kind, and have you the accommodation, I would love to hear from about your town.

I will be sharing my home with my close real life friends, who are wonderfully polite, well-mannered, and articulate persons. I would like to consider myself to at least have a few likable traits as well!

We very much favour forested, wooded areas without outrageous decoration but may also find an interesting enough location suitable. We value privacy, at least two of us are roleplayers (myself included), and welcome friendly interaction.

2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I don't have a town but I'm a happy resident of Beregost which is a POT just next to Kingsport. Beregost just got upgraded so it has enough room for a few more residents.

Now, unlike most well known POT, you can request a Lot Marker placed anywhere in town from the Governor. Just message your request to @Holdingrass Piumber.

[​IMG]

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ost-that-little-town-next-to-kingsport.81591/

---

Another town that you can check out is Bladewyke which is right next to Etceter (I have a cool Ornate Row Home here). It's an underground town which makes it somewhat different from other POTs. There are available row lots near the entrance which you can use as a Vendor location.

If you need a Lot Marker placed on a spot you like then simply send a message to @Brass Knuckles.

[​IMG]

---

If you don't mind NOT having overworld access, you can also take a look at Festival (Snow Biome) which is nested with Owl's Head and governed by Engineer (@Datendrache) and Oracle Oasis (Desert Biome) which is nested with Soltown and governed by Cyin (@Zethgrim)

Festival: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?posts/788718/

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  4. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

If you are looking for roleplaying centric places:

Ironhall on the island on Norgard
    Serenite at the edge of the sea in the Grunvald Desert
    Any of the Phoenix Republic cities - Port Phoenix (capital city) on the large island of Elysium
    Rift's End in Regalis region and home of the main Tower of High Sorcery
    Beran's Reach, home of the Bear Tavern, in Regalis region
    Moonglade - part of the Moongate Traveler's and Tower of High Sorcery: Order of the Red Robes
    White Hart on Abundis (one of my towns) - also home of the Tower of High Sorcery: Order of the Black Robes
    Bastion's Point - near Solace Bridge - home of the Sacrifice guild.

Dawn's Keep also may fit your venue - located near Brittany
    Verat Chaos perhaps as well - located near Brittany

5. melonjelly

melonjelly Avatar

Thank you all for the great selections!

As of now I am intending to just bump my bundle (hah... that was a good one) up to the tax-free village lot. I'm not sure how POTs work---is there a limitation to lot availability ie. a POT can only have x number of row or village lots?

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

depends on the size of the POT... a Metropolis can hold a ton more Row Lots...

here is my Row House in Bladewyke... it's basically a store...
    [​IMG]

here is what it looks like inside... I moved my vendor inside... :D
    [​IMG]

7. melonjelly

melonjelly Avatar

Very cool!

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't want you to feel overwhelmed but I want you to be informed as you requested. Hidden Vale is where Wizards Rest is located. It was one of the first player owned towns in the game purchased first day offered. It is a snowy biome that has lots of residents amenities and I would say not a lot of restrictions. You can place where you like if it is flat ground. We do have a couple a few row lots opened already, but they can be moved to a place of your choosing. Here is a bit older picture of the town but just to give you and Idea. I am Majoria in game, but really if you like the town you should be able to claim from the ones opened without me being in game. Here are a couple of images. I could not find the one I wanted but just to give you an idea. There is an information Center if you want to leave a note or special request or just to say hello. Good Luck Popotato in your search. I hope you find the home that feels just right for you.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

10. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Check out the Pax towns as well. PaxLair has a really well laid out downtown, I like the feel of it a lot.

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also to consider is what type of town do you want. Do you want role playing, lots of vendor traffic to sell your wares, guild town, or a town that leaves you alone but offers amenities to use like crafting tables which they all pretty much have for Residents ;) etc. ;)

14. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Jade Valley is a very nice place conveniently located on Elysium Island. Contact @Mal Hari the town owner and GL of the Jade Dragons for more info. He has the same nick on Discord as well. Happy hunting

15. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

here is my house in Beregost...
    [​IMG]

my vendor is outside... :D
    [​IMG]

Time Lord and Popotato like this.
  16. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Contact me in game "Starman", we can get you settled in House Serenite in our PoT named Serenite in the Grunvald area perfectly located between Adoris and Brit. We have the top crafters in game, we have the top PvP'rs in game, we have the top higher end people in game and best of all, we do some really cool RP.

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol that sounds funny like others are lesser end people and not high end ;) Sorry I get your point though. You have advanced skilled crafters and highly skill combat people to help others ;)

18. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@Popotato welcome to living in Shroud of the Avatar. No matter where you place your home you will find belonging and a great deal of fun. So...have fun making your choice and then learning all there is about this game.
    The name of my town is Dragomir (Dragomir Mori soon). It is great town located just a few few yards from the entrance into the NPC town of Aerie. There is a crafting pavillion not far from the docks which you may freely use at anytime. Dragomir has a gift shop named Dragomir Boutique and a hangout food area named Dragon Barrel. We also have a central area where you can relax and play the piano or even sleep by the sea when you need to be refreshed after a day of adventuring.
    Please visit anytime..night or day and hopefully stay and live in Dragomir.

Time Lord and Popotato like this.
  19. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

S'KKKkKkk

We haz kobolds tooo an hoomins an elfs an kats

CatherineRose, Time Lord and Popotato like this.
  20. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Another reason to join us Poptato, our guild has no drama at all, very little passive aggressiveness in our guild.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.