I'm looking for the perfect spot!

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by melonjelly, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Welcome to the SOTA Family.

Time Lord and Popotato like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes this is true. You are only allowed so many lots, NPC builings, devotionals and everything depending on size of the player owned town. Largest being a metropolis which was quite expensive. For example Wizards Rest is a Crossroad Village size. Here is the link that tells about them. ;)
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=41907

Time Lord and Popotato like this.
  3. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Knight'Watch that is nested in Kingsport has alot of space if you are still looking for a place to settle. We are adding and improving the looks all the time and we are available to set down a spot if you choose a location you like most. We have inner lots and outer rim lots but all within good distance of everything.
    http://knights.watch/free-housing-program/ this is the link to our website and you can yell to me anytime.
    Hope you come see what our town has to offer.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

My house is in Brittany Alleys. (an NPC town). Most NPC towns are full. There are a few still available but not many. I settled there because it was expected to be a great vendor location.

New Britannian Market and Novia Market are POT and are well managed and have a lot of merchants and lots of traffic. If you plan to have a vendor I recommend one of those.

If you want a peaceful town I can recommend Dragomir Mori. Very peaceful and well managed. It is the largest POT available in the game (metro) so there is plenty of room and the governor is very accommodating to the residents. It has wagon direct access to Aerie for adventure trainers and NPC vendors and services.

I don't belong to a guild but there are many in SOTA. If that is your choice, choose wisely since some of them have benefits and some not so much.

Welcome to the game.

5. melonjelly

melonjelly Avatar

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the hiatus, as I had been waiting for the telethon to grab a package. I've got my village lot now and I will be out having a looksee at various towns!

6. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Then take a peak at Whyte Roc, located in the region of Quel near the Etceter a and the crag foothills.

Cypher Black

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

If you want to get lost in a crowd, choose to place your home in a crowd. For me, "I'm in Wizards Rest" ;) Prime placements still available in a town that has prime placement on the map ;)
    But other cities are good too o_O... Just not the prime placements in prime vendor locations with a thriving player economy to supply your every need with ease.
    "Wizards Rest", a place to get in and out of quickly, that has everything you need in a town ;)

There are other very nice places... :) but it's Wizards Rest for me!
    https://www.sotamap.com/
    ~Time Lord~:D

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  8. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

If you're looking for a pretty town, with a market focus, but also player activity and love and care placed into the layout and decoration, you can always take a peek at New Britannian Market as well.

There's lots of good options in this thread.

9. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes there are great options in this thread. Focus on vendor sales is important to those visiting your town, but at this moment Wizards Rest is not offering that much of vendor stability. This takes a lot of time and commitment to keep your vendors stocked. There are town with focus on this. I don't say that Wizards Rest won't have this focus one day and it does depend on the residents to keep their vendors stocked to have a healthier vendor traffic, plus advertising helps. ;) Bulletin boards next release may help with in-game advertising. *crosses fingers* I really wanted the bulletin boards to be in NPC town squares, but we shall see what happens.

So I do not promote anytime and especially since Wizards Rest is not actively establishing itself as a vendor town, even tho we do have vendors too, but if someone is looking for high vendor traffic that is actively advertising this then people have that choice to go to those towns. So imo people looking for a home in the game should consider their options. It does depend on what you are looking for although any town can provide the creative space for someone with the will to work the land for their own success. Wizards Rest is home of The New Britannia Theatre Troup and hopefully we will be advertising a new play soon. *cheers* and best wishes to those looking or a home, or needing help with a place to stay.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Please Consider Tempest Reef as your future home. Up the coast a short distance from Aerie on the East coast is Tempest Reef.

It sits near The Twins, two giant monuments and two giant volcanoes. As seen below.

The town square is set up for row housing and at its center is a crafting pavilion open to you and your friends. It has all the crafting stations that are possible to currently have in game.

There is one devotional operating to raise a player's levels.

The interior of the island is wooded and I hope it meets your desires. There is no added cost to live in Tempest Reef and I will place a lot anywhere you would like.

Please contact Governor Tempest here in the forums or in game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time Lord likes this.
  12. melonjelly

melonjelly Avatar

Thank you to everyone who replied!

I spent about a month checking through areas and relaying back to my friends who will also be staying with me.
    Apologies to any POT owners I could not meet personally with for tours due to scheduling.

We have all decided to live in Jade Valley!

13. Miner49er

Miner49er Avatar

Welcome to SOTA and welcome to Jade Valley! One of the Jade dragons already? ;)

majoria70 and Time Lord like this.
  14. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I moved into Dragonmire Mori this week and I am really impressed by the town. CatherineRose has done an amazing job.

Luca Xante, Time Lord and Beaumaris like this.
  15. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Ohhhhhhhhh that is so nice for you to say that Tahru. I hope you will be happy in your home in Dragomir Mori for many years to come.

Tahru, Time Lord and Luca Xante like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.