I'm still drawn...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stundorn, Oct 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

... i never left for more then 3 or 4 weeks, but everytime i take a pause or play something else, what also is cool and satisfies me, i feel drawn to come back and live in New Brittania, although i miss so much things, but i dont doubt they will come if they get enough money and time to keep the Project alive abd active.
    I think this is something unique SotA has and i would say this is the point of spiritual successor in it's core.
    The world has a deep backstory what is a strong backbone.
    It may lacks features and balancing and it may wont be ever that diverse and balanced and whatnot, but Portalarium has created something special imho, that draws me all the time back into their game to do something, and most of the time it is just immersing, roleplaying and less about achieving something.
    I achieve most things by the way, sometimes i "work" on a skill, sure, but only to get it to 40 or if usefull to 80.
    There was no game that has made me log in for more than 1000 hours since i for the first time played Scooby Doo on an Amstrad CPC 464 :)

I trust the devs and i would like to see all 5 Episodes and all the improvements the devs want to implement into the game.

Lets hope more people wont follow the general opinion and ranting, but try out by themself and like it.

Tahru, Ronni, Sher Shadowleaf and 7 others like this.
  2. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Snap.....Great post.

Even though i don't play as much as i did, well, i was playing 18 hrs at one point a day for months so it had to calm down a little, SotA keeps calling me back when other more popular games don't have that pull.
    SotA for me has seen off Black Desert, Elder Scrolls, Warhammer 2( although just having a break at moment, doing on Legendary hurts my head) and plenty more new titles i would have played but knew they wouldn't have had that longevity i actually want in a game, something i can play for years. Its interesting to note that others that leave, some on friends list that take a break always seem to come back and play just as much as they once did, and even the ones that leave the game/forums exclaiming they are finished, always seem to come back or keep an interest in its happenings.

These are all great signs, we may moan about this or that but in truth they are doing something right to keep those impressive telethon figures now each month and to keep peoples interest in the game, it may not be exactly what people hoped or want in a game but people can still see the potential it offers and keep an attachment. I feel that the game needs to be opened to as many people as possible as it seems if someone does like it, it stays liked and they will always be a potential ongoing player/backer even through the hard times.

3. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Nostalgia: The Revengance Chronicles!

There's a lot of aspects in this game that remind me of past favorite games. Maybe it's because I haven't played a good sandbox MMO since SWG. Sandbox in general aren't too story driven, but SoTA does a good job in this regard.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    Stundorn likes this.
  4. Gix

Gix Avatar

I played for about 2 hours today.

That’s like a 400% increase of me not being annoyed by the game.

That’s a step up in my book.

Stundorn likes this.
  5. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I played so many MMOs since 1997, and being honest I can't remember them all but some are hard to forget. One of them is EVE Online, the last game I spent more than 4000 hours. Probadly the best sandbox mmo in last decade. I left EVE in 2014 and since then, I already played more than 3000h in SotA. Can't say the same for ESO, AO, Archeage and more.

The game is not comparable right now with something majestic like EVE, a super solid game and rich in content is hard to beat but EVE first days were tough, and with many problems at launch like so many other games. For this reason is important to understand how these projects evolve with time. Sandbox games needs time and patience, and with time is when they emerge and shine :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.