Imbued Gem / Jewel special enchantment

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by FBohler, Jun 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

@Elgarion hinted us that crafting Imbued Jewels will open up special enchantment options. In the R91 patch notes we got the following:
    • Imbued Gems or Jewels which are not related to a particular school of magic will not yet yield special enchanting bonuses yet, but there are plans to add more special enchanting bonuses in the future.
    With that in mind, I'm holding my most expensive Gems / Jewels until I'm sure if it's best to MW+E before or after socketing.

I got three main questions to the devs here:

1) What do you mean by "future"? Is it a couple of releases, 6 months or "someday when we're done with other stuff"?
    2) Can you share the guidelines to the inclusion of said enchantment bonuses so we can plan in advance if we'll wait for the changes or not? For example, for Deadly Bandit Gem, will it get any special Enchantment related to base damage or crit damage bonus? Same for the Rapid Fire Jewel from the Slipshod Shooter's Sash, will it get further ranged skill bonus, or base damage or crit tamage bonus?
    3) Are special Masterworks planned as well or only just Enchantments?

Thanks in advance for responding!

2. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I would appretiate any word from the devs on this matter. I'm looking at you @Elgarion :D

Elgarion likes this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

1) It's ambiguous intentionally. I don't know exactly when I'll add more, and I don't know at what rate I'll be adding them yet. Likely I'll be doing my first scrub on potions first, then item components, then special enchants, to adjust existing ones. Then organize thoughts on all the stats coming from gear, item components, potions, food, special enchants, 3-day puzzle buffs, devotionals etc. (all buff/stat sources), then go back to gems/jewels, potions, item components and special enchants to fill in the holes. So soon for all of it since this is my primary focus to get this all done as my major projects each month. Not giving dates, especially since much of this will be added with new arties coming in gradually. Every release ahead is going to have work in these areas. I can't imagine a release where I don't work on this stuff (additions, improvements), at least for a very long time.

2) Don't know yet about any specific special enchants. Those will likely be last in all regards to this batch of work. I'll be fixing / scaling with level the current ones first before I make more, however.

3) Only special enchants in regards to what gem/jewel you have socketed (which for the time being will still be just attunement gems or gems related to a school of magic that allow these).

4. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Thanks a lot for your attention! ;)

Wilfred and Elgarion like this.
  5. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Man, this stuff is coming in at such a rate. The gems/jewels especially opened up a lot of interesting options and choices in making builds and I feel like we've barely even started figuring out all the new things we can pull off with them. Super excited about the potion revisions (and eyeballing the wolf and bear head potions, then thinking of the wyvern and unicorn and dragon and other heads that are in game...) and just enjoying seeing a full episode worth of content coming in so much faster than we can keep up. Hell, I still don't know how to reliably open two of the new rise buffs!

6. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I never actually managed to get the physical blessing from The Rise... I wish it was more solo friendly, because it's pretty hard for me to gather a party strong and organized enough to do that, even with LFG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.