Immersion Breaking Jack O' Lantern Mask

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razimus, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

They are, they are.

Would be happy to have it the other way. real horses in game and those coconut horses as a stretch goal.

But maybe for some the pumkin mask was just the boiling point and now we all jump on the wagon.

So now they can predict the reactions on the easter bunny suit and the snowman.

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I'm clueless as to what meaning people add or assume to what is said that is neither expressed nor implied.

3. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

There are many ad on store items that do not cause negative reactions at all.

We only had on less then 5 item such threads pop up.

So how much money did they generate.
    Is the amount worth the disappointment for estimated 50% or not.

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

I don't know, I think its something we can agree to disagree about.

Anyway got to go for now.

5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I'm not sure that matters.

6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

How does a pumpkin mask make natives more or less trusting of outsiders? I don't understand what that has to do with anything.

Avatars can do whatever they want to do. I doubt there are NPC's in the game celebrating Halloween. But if they are, that surly means they are either assimilating with the Avatars or they are trying to profit off of something that Avatars do.

The headless mask? Casting vanish on your head. Done.

The size of the pumpkin heads is another point of taste, you're entitled to have the opinion the heads are too big. I agree, I think they are too big. I personally will not be buying any of the masks because they don't fit my tastes or fit into my character backstory. But I have no problem with them being sold.

The Kobold masks are also way too big for my tastes, I initially bought them but realized later that they just didn't look right because they were too big (for me). The other part of this is I'd like masks to actually hide your identity (at least for a small period of time) and give that kind of functionality to players that would like it. But they don't do that, so they're really just a social item and I'm not very sociable, either as a player or a real life person.

7. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Not sure eithers. But if they sale bad and cause discussion like this.
    I would recommend to avoid them in the future. :)

If they sale good then it is a sign that our discussion does not Picture the truth . It means we who complain are a minority.

So the numbers are a good indicator about "how serious" such discussion we have are. :)

At the end i want to thank all the Developers . Because all the Items they create in the Add On Store they create with the Intention to make us happy and to have fun with them.

So this discussion is made fully Aware that you are providing us all those items with best intentions. :)

SeleneNoctua likes this.
  8. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Just because i only JUST noticed it.. did anyone notice the "zombie" mask on the add-on store? Okay, now.. someone complaining about a pumpkin on a persons head.. will they now complain that they can be a zombie? (or wolf, or bear)?

I feel it is more believable some crazy person meant to be locked up in an asylum off the coast of blood river would go to a farmers garden, pick up a pumpkin and put their head in it... to hide from any of this fore mentioned...

So many ways to enhance your RP instead of breaking the immersion of it. I mean.... "pumpkin on your head - your insane" ...... "holy crap its a zombie/Lich.. RUNNNN!" (or kill it)

As i said previously and I said now... Humans are so very confusing ...

~takes her day of the dead mask, puts one arm around a Zombie/Lich and the other around her baby toe eatting friend and whispers~ "can we just eat the whole lot?"

9. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

I am really looking forward to running around with my Bear mask on :D

10. Drocis the Devious

I feel like the masks need suits as well. Bear suits, kobold suits, etc...

That would make the mask heads look in-scale and better, imo.

Bowen Bloodgood and Amber Raine like this.
  11. Gabriel Nightshadow

Good idea o_O, but I don't want other archers shooting at me :eek: when I am hunting my prey in the forest :p

12. Drocis the Devious

Maybe you don't wear it in the forest? :)

I think it would be a good thing to have for social events, as well as some RP type situations. I'm sure actors would appreciate it greatly.

13. Gabriel Nightshadow

The members of NBTT certainly would :rolleyes:

14. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I'm hearing the word immersion as defined as realism. I was referring to immersion within the lore not immersion of realism, but within the fantasy lore.

Some things stick out like a sore thumb when it comes to "within the lore" the heraldry in the game for example, there were very clear and defined rules in which a heraldic design needed to be, ask the heraldry crew they know the rules. If it's okay to have heraldry rules within the game why is it not okay to by extension see add-on store items in the same way? Crayons, would they fit? Nope, everyone would agree they wouldn't, jack o lantern masks, I would say they don't fit but other disagree so maybe it's more of a grey area, but to me it doesn't fall in with the lore of;
    Novia
    Steampunk
    Medieval Fantasy

Never did I force my opinion on anyone, I clearly stated it was my opinion, I also clearly said it's okay if anyone disagrees.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  15. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Great post

Razimus likes this.
  16. Drocis the Devious

Just to be clear, I think you have every right to your own tastes, I don't think you're forcing that on anyone. I do think the lore supports pumpkin masks though, just as it support steam punk. I don't like steam punk, I wish it wasn't in the game, but the lore supports it.

blaquerogue and Amber Raine like this.
  17. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Agreed! I don't support pink pointy dunce hats either or not being able to fish up body parts from the blood river which obviously should have them but..... ;)

18. Gabriel Nightshadow

Hmm...I always thought that it was odd that ALL of the body parts either decomposed or were eaten by the fish. At the very least, there should be some bones there - not just the broken armor pieces :rolleyes:

Amber Raine and Spoon like this.
  19. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

No it does not. I know it. Novia is not Earth. Only Earth has pumkins.

But i have a suggestion. I accept pumkin masks. You accept this as a compromise for a car :

[​IMG]

Now we are all happy.

Pumkin -check
    Car - within medieval boundaries as it has 1 Horsepower only - Check

Smitty and Razimus like this.
  20. Drocis the Devious

I don't think we're understanding each other. :)

Sure...if you want a pumpkin aircraft carrier that's certainly possible in New Britannia too. I would just not enjoy it. It's well within the lore though.

Epona and Myrcello like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.