Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Important Changes

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Skyo, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Just a few quick thoughts that I feel can make a lot of positive impact.

Please keep in mind I love the direction the game is going and I love what's projected to come. I know we have deadlines to hit but these itemized easy fixes will change everything for the better.

@DarkStarr @Lord British @Chris
    1. Experience measuring needs to be more convenient. I am all for the immersion, I love it... BUT EVEN IN REAL LIFE YOU ACKNOWLEDGE WHEN YOUR LEARNING. (XPbar option, popcorn XP notification option... Something)
    2. Embrace adventure & crafting levels. Give it an iconic ding sound that keeps us wanting more! That's right, play a simple wav file and it will make us want more! Also we should know what level we are, the ability for characters to see progress is what keeps us coming back.
    3. Wadger system. Add the ability for PvP players to choose an assigned aggressiveness level (at the Oracle) on a scale from 1-3. It acts as a multiplier on the existing randsom system, where 1 = how the current system already works. 2 = double the currently implemented system ECT. Players would be held to a median if there was any difference in aggressiveness level. Characters that flagged away from the Oracle would immediately be put at aggressiveness level 3. ( Solved alot of issues)

Hope you enjoy the thoughts, Skyo.

discipleofweb and Gregg247 like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I agree.

Skyo and FrostII like this.
  3. mercster

mercster Avatar

Especially since there is an artifact that actually grants levels...? Can't help but think this will be addressed at some point.

Skyo likes this.
  4. Gix

Gix Avatar

Well, yeah, one would hope that the progression that we see isn't from a mere number, though. Let me feel it through gameplay.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I agree except again except #1 - I do not agree about the need to show a character level since it is skill level we get and not character level that we are dealing with in this game.

2- I very much agree to the wave file and sounds of progress and I'm hoping they'll be great. Also achievements produce a sound all good things let us know it happened or bloopers sound to no you can't do that here and there would also be great.

3- I think the idea of a wager system is interesting, but also I like the idea of pvp quests that give the player criminal points that activate wanted posters as they progress through the quest lines.

6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I think that's been proven to be incorrect for quite some time though, right? We do have skill levels that are important, but adventure level is also a very important modifier for combat mechanics.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I don't agree. It was never planned to be a level based game. Your skill and combinations of skills were the factors, plus how you learned to use them and your abilities. I was use to levels in other games but we have not had adventure levels for a long time. I am not disagreeing because you want them, but just sayin this is the way the devs chose to have it. So fight the good fight if you like. You never know in development what will change. ;) The system that announces achievements is non existent and is not making progressive achievements we get very satisfying either. I agree with this.

8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I'm not sure I quite understand what you're disagreeing with. I'm just saying that I believe that levels are in fact very important. This is something that can easily be tested and proven to be either true or not true. I've never done it myself, but I recall reading others say that they have and that this was proven to be true. I'd be happy to help test this myself if that's not accurate.

I understand the merits of a game where levels aren't important, and I have nothing against that idea. However, a game where levels aren't important isn't the same as a game where levels are important but you have to dig into a local text file to see what your level is.

9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Not important to me , sorry
    Just to say that, no problem if they do it, but important? No!!!

What keeps me playing is immersion, challenge, a lot of various things to do and the people.

Lord Ravnos likes this.
  10. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Only really helps with chance to hit if their color tag changes from yellow to green, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.