Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

impossible to play, fix this plz

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by m1k3g0, Apr 27, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m1k3g0

m1k3g0 Avatar

I have regular game crashes on full RAM use. Windows 10 x64 1607 16 Gb RAM (Nvidia GTX1070 driver 419.67, all vc ++ libraries last ver., c# 4.7.2).
    Today after update 960 came out (I haven’t received this yet) when I exit game I received a 'blue screen'.
    I’m wondering, can u fix it, or I must buy 32 Gb RAM in order to continue get random 'blue screens'?

Критическая ошибка код 1000 (100)
    Имя сбойного приложения: Shroud of the Avatar.exe, версия: 2018.3.11.25377
    Имя сбойного модуля: UnityPlayer.dll, версия: 2018.3.11.25377
    Путь сбойного приложения: C:\Games\SotA\Shroud of the Avatar.exe
    Путь сбойного модуля: C:\Games\SotA\UnityPlayer.dll

Критическая ошибка код 1000 (100)
    Имя сбойного приложения: Shroud of the Avatar.exe, версия: 2018.3.11.25377
    Имя сбойного модуля: nvwgf2umx.dll, версия: 25.21.14.1967
    Путь сбойного приложения: C:\Games\SotA\Shroud of the Avatar.exe
    Путь сбойного модуля: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvgbdci.inf_amd64_3339cadb7939231a\nvwgf2umx.dll

2. m1k3g0

m1k3g0 Avatar

Blue screen (dxgmms2.sys) in game now (after update 960), after 30 min play.
    Its sad. New players are disappointed.
    P.S. No problem with POE, Grim Dawn and Warframe on this PC.

3. m1k3g0

m1k3g0 Avatar

Did the following:

1) in cmd root (*.bat code):

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics" /v "DisableHWAcceleration" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers" /v "TdrDelay" /t REG_DWORD /d "16" /f
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers" /v "TdrDdiDelay" /t REG_DWORD /d "32" /f
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers" /v "TdrLimitTime" /t REG_DWORD /d "784" /f
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers" /v "TdrLimitCount" /t REG_DWORD /d "48" /f
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers" /v "TdrLevel" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\DCI" /v "Timeout" /t REG_DWORD /d "784" /f
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers" /v "TdrDebugMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\VIDEO" /v "MaxObjectNumber" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

and reboot PC.

2) in the games settings did off every effect and filtering, made video settings on minimum.

I'm not sure this will work. Keep watching. Game looks like sh*t now.

4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

5. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

Sota is a terrible mess perfomance wise. Check chrome h264 plugin too (cannibalized by sota for that shitty ingame map)
    Try to set pagefile to zero / disable auto resize of pagefile. Im more stable (4.8 ghz i5, 31gb ram, ssd and SLI ) with pagefile forced to zero. With auto or fixed size i get BSOD every 4-5 complete mem swaps

6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

why would you set a page file to zero? windows 10 if you research shows that it performs better with it managing the file. older windows 7 with out page file worked good but newer one not so much. If no pagefile and your ram reaches max it will crash that is expected.

I do agree there is alot more optimizations required.

7. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Setting pagesize to 0 will crash your system, Windows is very unstable with that on 0.
    I do not recommend doing that at all.

The best setting is setting it to a static value, mostly 1.7 times your RAM.
    And you should add a static pagesize for every disk.

To come back at the thread starter, your are having other issues.
    16GB is really not enough to run SotA very good anymore. I recommend doing a RAM memcheck and or install more RAM.

Also this registry entry: Avalon.Graphics" /v "DisableHWAcceleration"
    This is only for your microsoft OS to disable HardwareAcceleration to debug if you are having video driver issues. You can not run games with that disabled...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  8. m1k3g0

m1k3g0 Avatar

Because i'm not nobie (?) And because i backup OS... =)

I don't want to buy a new ssd (amortized due to this). My all HDD drives is RAID1.
    The problem is not because of the size of the RAM now. But thx!

The results of testing various options in the game gave the following:
    - BSOD -> if enable Filtering.
    - Game-crash -> if disable Filtering.

In this mode, the graphics look like Gothic II...
    It's time to move to Amazon Lumberyard before it's too late?

P.S. cmd root (*.bat code):

@echo off
    setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 99
    setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 90
    setx CPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 99
    @echo on

Also didn't give me positive results.

9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Wasn't stating you are a Noob. just saying that you should never have to touch any of those things you pointed out to play. Considering how many machines play it fine with out these changes would show that there is something wrong with your setup and or other things that is causing your BSOD / Crash. Do you over clock? I ran into some issues with overclocks which were causing increased frequency of crashes do to unity. I feel for you though on the Raid 1 vs SSD. older drives just cant cut it, through in Raid 1 with mirroring I could see where it would increase the slowness even more. Need a raid 10 or zero for speed, 1 and 5 are the slowest for access time.

Hope you find your stability issue so you can spend time enjoying as it can be frustrating tinkering.

10. m1k3g0

m1k3g0 Avatar

Nope, and:
    Thx! Possible that some incompatibility with Pascal or Xeon for used version of Unity3D. And alarming that there are no advanced Filtering options...

11. m1k3g0

m1k3g0 Avatar

I installed Win7 x64 sp1 for testing. The same drivers versions on system.
    No BSOD now, only client crashing when I exit the game.
    P.S. WTF?...

UPD 07/19: I fixed this problem on windows 10 system by installing v. 1809 over v. 1607. Only this helps.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.