Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Improve UI to give quest items to NPC

Discussion in 'Release 41 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Jens_T, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

For some quests you have to give a special item to NPCs. Usually an interface that shows your inventory and allows to drag / trade items to the recipient. Also the requested items are highlighted on top of the window. Unless there's the opportunity to dupe the NPC with different items why do we need that dialogue?

If I don't have the items I have to close the window - bothersome clicks that stop the flow of dialogue. If I have the item the UI window opens, I either scroll through my long list of belongings or type in the name of the item into the search field and then drag + confirm. That's non value- or immersion adding.

Either skip this "trade" window for simple exchanges where you can't dupe or mix the exchanged items or at least make the quest icons clickable so that they are auto selected. (I prefer the first solution)
    Or allow a direct drag&drop out of your inventory onto the NPC to start handing over the quest item and initiate the appropriate response.

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

You can drag and drop from your inventory onto the turn-in window, I believe.

3. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Yes, but why do we have a drag and drop dialogue if it is (from my current experience) completely pointless.
    I can't even give more items - a check if the items are in my inventory and perhaps a confirmation ("Do you want to give XYZ to...") would be faster, could be handled in the normal chat window and wouldn't require bringing up something that clutters the screen and doesn't add any value. :)

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.