1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Improvement Request 69179] Pet Food is edible without a pet out

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Cairo Hayden, May 28, 2021.

1. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Okay, perhaps this isn't a bug, more of a change I think I recommend changing, I'm not sure.

I realized today thinking my pet was summoned and was not, I continued to feed it food. Pet food is consumed when pets are not summoned. I would like to see a change where you cannot consume pet food it you do not have pet summoned.

Another thing, I feel like if I teleport out of a zone to a new zone OR exit the zone and re-enter the zone my food duration should not deplete on my pet making me have to feed my pet again. I am okay with this feature if I unsummon my pet, but not leaving a zone or changing zones. This is a huge nuisance especially because a lot of us will zone hop slaying dragons because we don't want to wait for the long respawn timers for them to reset.

Thanks!

P.S. - if this thread needs to be moved could a dev please move to the appropriate section.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this i can put in as an improvement request.

this is currently working as designed. changing it would mean a complete change to how to the summoned/tamed pet/companion npc system works.

3. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Yeah, I figure though if we eat food, our buffs don't disappear so why should our pets food buffs disappear? Seems like it may be as designed but I still feel it should be changed to match the food buffs that we take, otherwise ours should also disappear everytime we zone out. Food is food and it's expensive. Please don't punish the tamers and summoners, otherwise us tamers are being singled out ;)

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

perhaps, but that discussion does not belong in the bug forum.

5. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Yeah, that's why I put at the end of my OP, not sure I was in the right section. Perhaps point me in the right direction for the other discussion please. :D

6. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Improvement Request 69179