1. This forum section contains Blog style threads from the Developers, and/or threads with details about what they have been working on, previews of upcoming content, and sometimes backstory associated with the content. Players are permitted to reply to these threads if the developer has indicated it is permissible by leaving the thread unlocked. Please note that TOS applies, and any abuse or trolling will be moderated.
    Dismiss Notice

Improving Jaanaford

Discussion in 'Developer Work and Blog posts' started by Sea-Wolf, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea-Wolf

Sea-Wolf Avatar

Hey folks. Today I'll be sharing a few screenshots of some updates I have made to Jaanaford.

Improvements have been made to the terrain, especially along trails, to make it feel more realistic. All of the rocks in the scene have been replaced with ones of better quality.

[​IMG]

Both the upper and lower waterfalls have been replaced with ones which closely resemble other waterfalls in other updated scenes.

[​IMG]

The Town Center has a few new additional structures to reinforce Jaanaford's ancient history as a place of learning.

[​IMG]

The central bonfire now has a colonnade surrounding it, along with canvas tarps that provide shade.

[​IMG]

The Reliquarium is a "new" addition to the town center. The townsfolk of Jaanaford have taken it upon themselves to restore this crumbling library to working order. Fans of fantasy book series should stop by here to check out the various oddities on display, or to catch up on some reading.

[​IMG]

Many of the the bridges leading to the town center are built on the ruins of what was here before.

[​IMG]

The Devotional now rests on a foundation which does it justice.

[​IMG]

Chris Wolf
    Level Designer

2. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Eager to visit this place again. Will it make it into the next release?

Time Lord and Acred like this.
  3. Sea-Wolf

Sea-Wolf Avatar

To clarify, this will be going to release 44, not 43.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Nice. I hope you guys get around to updating PRTs as they look pretty basic.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Awesome! Love seeing NPCs pitching in to help us librarians preserve the past.

Rentier and Time Lord like this.
  6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Awesome! This was already a cool town that is getting even better. Thank you for sharing!

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

So excited for these upcoming improvements to my little village! Everything looks great so far.

One suggestion... You may or may not know that Jaanaford already has a pretty cool Public Library just east of the main entrance that has been maintained by Alexander. He's put a ton of effort into the Library, and I would hate to see it go unused.

If there is any way to sort of tie this in to the lore of the Reliquarium I think that would be super cool!

Also... One more request. I'm not sure if the local chat distance is adjustable by scene, or if it is a global setting. However, if it would be relatively simple to increase the distance just a touch so that a player standing on one of the lot markers in that circle of lots where my house is could "hear" others standing on the other lot stones. I'm trying to experiment with that space as a sparring arena. Would be much appreciated!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  8. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Looks very nice!!
    I look forward to exploring there again (and hopefully finding some more of your hidden surprises!)

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Sea-Wolf

Sea-Wolf Avatar

Local chat distance is not something I can control.

Time Lord and Jaanelle DeJure like this.
  10. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

It's nice to see the improvements, however I question the logic behind building a library with unfinished walls next to a river - and putting books inside.
    The moisture (and smoke of the big bonfire) would ruin any book in no time. If at least the walls and roof would be finished...

Alexander likes this.
  11. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Could we please get fish at the upper waterfall! I love the ones by the shrine and they would look great at the upper waterfall in the crystal clear water.

Konkalot and Jaanelle DeJure like this.
  12. Konkalot

Konkalot Avatar

Absolutely agree, the water above upper falls is much better since the changes but a very open space. Some fish swimming in the water would make it perfect :) Loving the other changes to our village, it's looking better all the time.

13. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

I visited Jaanaford again last week and it changed to something more awesome (before it was a sad place with no hope - now hope has returned :D )

still need to explore some zone to find all in there thow

Thx for that remake <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.