1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

In a game with a billion costumes, why still only a handful of hairstyles and colors?

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Vladamir Begemot, Nov 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Viola's been making her character in Divine Divinity 2 for like an hour now, just changing the hairstyles (18 on the character she's using) and colors (18 also.)

Something you can sell all day over and over and no one will care if it's Heritage: hair.

Something people will burn hours messing with and not be complaining about loot: hair.

Something every woman I play with, and many of the men, wish there was more of: hair.

2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

They do not have any graphics/modeling artists to fulfill this roll. As 89% of sota has been created with unity assets not made by them. And character hair modeling assets in the unity store are pretty rare.
    That is the reason we are not seeing any updates on character design.

But yes I also would gladly see more character design options, all characters look the same in Sota..

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Well, if they spent the money on making hair, perhaps it would make them some money.

Feeyo likes this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Here's another way of looking at it. What other thing can the make that every woman in game who I speak with regularly, and many of the guys, will immediately pay for?

Certainly not dungeon teleporters. Or animal spawners. Or couches. Or anything else. There is nothing else they can possibly make that so many people want.

Sean Silverfoot and Feeyo like this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ok she's done. When asked "are you done with character creation?" her response was "Of course not!" But we gotta play some day, so we did.

6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Sorry, but it's not insufficient deco or hairstyles that has scuttled this ship.

It's Chris's inability to see the major role that our ludicrous loot, the godawful rng system in charge of virtually everything in both adventuring and crafting, and the lack of the ability to have a global item search that are the primary factors in folks that come and then leave.
    ( There are at least 180 POTs in our lands, but only a handful see any traffic at all because of the lack of a worldwide vendor search )

Most the players I know have reached the point of "Why bother, it's just not worth the effort" because of this system.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Didn't say it was. But thanks for the update.

8. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I'm afraid the ship on hair styles has sailed long ago.Feeyo is right, they don't have the bandwidth to go back and do it properly. If they did they would have done so back when they remade (several times now) the NUE and starting areas.

They can buy more types in the Unity store, but it won't really give you the customization you're looking for. Just do a search on the forums here for how many times this has been brought up previously. Pretty much ever idea in this wishlist section of the forums is a pipe dream, unless you ask for garden gnomes, they honored that one since it was an easy flip from the Unity Store.

Rinaldi and Feeyo like this.
  9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

yw

10. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

This was the only option I found that was pleasing to Me
    [​IMG]

Vladamir Begemot and Anpu like this.
  11. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Thinking about it…why not adding hair styles as items to the game that can be put into the character screen just like a piece of armor?
    Whatever hair you chose in the beginning is your starting-hair-gear but if you find a new hair style in loot, as quest reward or in the shop you can switch the hair style the same way as the other gear. (no hair item equipped = bald head)
    And as hair would be gear you could dye it simply with the color flask we can craft or buy.
    I know…this would need a lot of work but it sounds funny if you could get some strange looking hair style as rare loot…or could switch on the fly your hair style e.g. in a RP situation to display that the fireball of your counterpart burned your head hair. ;)

Vladamir Begemot, Bedawyn and Nick like this.
  12. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

If you look at my picture, that is what I did.
    There is a Judge Wig in game and I am wearing it.

It has been in game for a while but was an ugly gray/white color.
    I asked them to make it dyable and the request was granted.
    I have several in different colors. They are all the same style but better than nothing.
    They substitute as my helm.

Bedawyn, Vladamir Begemot and Anpu like this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also I don't agree we have a billion outfits for our characters. It is still a challenge to dress up in something that many others won't have on well imo and i have most of the items to choose from. I do agree about hairstyles though. We really could use more of those and hair dye would be nice. We also have had a problem with long dresses so I think the knee level and shorter dresses look better or straighter skirt versions. Some hair and dress ideas. Well we can always try again to get some changes that require artists to do. From what I hear we have 1 of those well I hope we still have 1 ;)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.