Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

In-game House permissions don't align with R31 release notes

Discussion in 'Release 31 Dev+' started by jiirc, Jun 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Title: In-game House permissions don't align with R31 release notes
    Blocker:
    Repro Tare:
    Details:
    @BurningToad, in the R31 release notes it states:

Trustee
    • Can add/remove permissions for lower ranks.
    • Can place, modify, or remove decorations dependent on item access privilege.
    • Co-Owner
    • Can add/remove permissions for lower ranks.
    • Can place, modify, or remove any item on the plot.
    From this it seems that there are differences between Trustee and Co-owner.

In-game these are combined into one set of permissions: Trustee/Co-owner (on the Lot Access Window). This contradicts what is seen on the Lot Item Permissions where you can pick between Trustee and Co-owner.

I wonder if the Lot Item Permissions should be included off the sign as an option there. They are specific to the lot, setting the default permissions for any item placed. Currently you need to place an item, right click it, and choose permission optioins, This process may communicate to the user that the permissions would be for the item not for the lot.

Steps:
    - Go to the lot sign
    - double click the sign to bring up the sign options
    - open the lot access window (manage lot access from the Private Residence section)
    - There are three options here: Guest, Kindred, Trustee/Co-owner. (Guild Member seems to be missing as well. Patch notes mention Kindred/Guild Member. People may be looking for this option. And if guild member works without needed to specify permissions, this should be included as well.)
    - Go to an item on the lot
    - right click the item
    - Choose permission options
    - You get a window that has a bunch of options
    - click on the pull down menu for any of the last 4 options
    - In the list you see Kindred, Trustee, and Co-owner
    - This matches with the release notes but not with the Lot Access Permissions

Build: 369

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

@BurningToad

I'm noticing a few things that I believe will need to be corrected.
    1. NPC Buildings in POTs have permissions now. I'm not sure if this is intended? It might be great, but I'm not sure how these "item" permissions would translate to people visiting my POT.
    2. Buildings and walls appear to have permissions as well. One problem with this is when trying to navigate my own house, I get the item permission everytime I hold down the right mouse button to "pan the camera". This can really get in the way of basic movement.
    3. I also find that it's unclear what item I'm selecting in a room full of "stuff". I know there's a title above the menu option, but some items appear to have a greater sphere of influence than would be expected.
    4. Probably best to make all items "private" by default, btw. (for security) I found the default permissions options (handy!) but I still think that all items should start as private unless otherwise instructed by the player.
    5. I have a pet in my front yard. If I right click the mouse on the pet I get the commands for pets and not an item permission list. Is this by design?
    6. Might be nice to get a "global" lot permission function. That way I can just make everything on the lot set to private in one motion. I know this is scope creep, but it would also be great if I could get a global list that showed me all the items on the lot and what their permissions were. Kind of like the bank and the sort function. That way I can very quickly see if I screwed something up.
    7. Question: When it comes to walls on a person's lot, is there any additional security added by making a wall section private? I know currently there are some exploits that players can use to get through walls and I'm wondering if some of those exploits are countered by making walls private?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'll just add that I think you should have to right click directly on the "marker" of a home and not anywhere on the home or in the lot the home is on to access the permissions options. This is really getting in the way of navigation and individual item provisioning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.