Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Increase clay block drop rate (Earth rise pot quest)

Discussion in 'Release 52 QA Feedback Forum' started by Arya Stoneheart, Mar 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

The drop rate for clay blocks is too low - I should be able to get one every harvest the same as iron ore, copper ore, trees, etc. Please increase to be able to finish the quest.

Spoon likes this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I agree.

It depends on the tier of the zone I think. There's a bunch of clay deposits in ravensmoor (t3) on the beach that almost always drop clay. I think Tenebris Harbor (t5) has some that always drop clay as well.

discipleofweb likes this.
  3. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

They need to up the respawn or spawn in general of the quartz. I roamed Sequanna for an hour and didnt find one quartz. If this is gonna be a quest that many...MANY will do then they need more spots for quartz. Doesnt make sense to me. I got ONE piece and thats it. And only one location? Needs more. As for clay. One of the Ravenswood scenes has alot of clay near the bandit camp on a pond.

4. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

... could someone tell me, please, for what purpose clay blocks can be used? :)

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Clay blocks can be used to make clay pipes, porcelain vases, and antique clay pots.

There's quite a few zones that have a lot of clay, if clay is what you're after. Serpent Spine Mines has a lot of clay mixed in with its infrequent iron/gem nodes. Ferig's Battle Camp (T3) has clay and cotton/trees with minimal fighting. Zones like North Brightbone Woods (or clones) have quite a few nodes along the lake. There's 3 clay nodes in the 'secret room' in Soltown Catacombs (and a low level chest) that I usually hit when I'm passing through to go to/from Spectral via the underground route. All of the above seem to always drop clay; I know there's some clay nodes in like T1/low lvl starter scenes that sometimes just drop worms, I've not seen this in any of the above places, though. Unless my mining level has something to do with it, of course.

Quartz has no use as yet.....but I stockpiled a lot of it before the mob spawners in Sequanna broke a few releases ago, (it used to be a decent place to fight/harvest but only about 50% of the mobs respawn after the initial clear).

I've spent a -lot- of time in sequanna, and can tell you roughly where the quartzes are, if you can figure out my landmark names:
    I'll spoilertag it, in case someone doesn't want to know where the quartz is.
    Two potential quartzes inside the top ruins (the door you solve the puzzle to open)
    One quartz in the sand between entrance and top ruins with closed door.
    One quartz next to the death pillar near the Corpions
    If you walk from Corpion spawn toward life pillar (cultist/elevator area) there is sometimes a quartz or two on your right along the mountainside (and a few iron/coppers) just follow it around.
    There is one quartz way out in the desert near the tent village.

I have found zero quartz down in the 'water' area (though there are some minable salt ingots), and zero quartz on any of the 'high ground' areas.
    There may be other nodes but these are the ones that are there most consistently/are most obvious.
    Don't judge me that I know this without logging in...I have spent a LOT of time in Sequanna, its next to where I live. ;)

6. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

20 clay blocks are needed for the quest from the ghost.

Earth Rise Pot: In Brittany Graveyard, Helen’s ghost will offer to make you a special pot in this touching tribute to Lord British’s mother.

Spoon and Paladin Michael like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.