Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Increasing coto repair will ruin player economy

Discussion in 'Release 36 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by reuge, Nov 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lollie

lollie Avatar

^new themesong to selling high tier crafted items

Kaisa, Leelu and Gaelis like this.
  2. reuge

reuge Avatar

Exactly! We don't want this game to turn into just another wow clone. If you get my drift.

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I wouldn't wory too much for the moment.
    At the moment we are a pretty small player base.
    That will change and with that the input of cotos into the economy.

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

They do. It's illegal but they do.

It's not lauded but it works. And yes, it's of course no sandbox. It's just a fan and sometimes fun game to waste some free time.

True. And that's where i would like to see SotAs economy drift towards to.

Indeed SotAs economy is neither balanced nor in its final state.
    There are still a lot of things that have to be done about it.
    Though i have no problem with item decay at the moment the complaints may be corrrect and maybe this system needs another tweak as well.
    After all, even if that gets old, this game hasn't launched so far. We are still in a buy in alpha/beta/whatever.
    I didn't say we aren't in for a rough ride untill everything is in place.
    All i am trying to say is that the system that is coming up might work and we should take a good look at it before we righout deny it's right to exist.

PS: Sorry for deleting, i posted before i finished the full post ^^

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

ST:O tells me otherwise ;-)
    It really has the most terrible f2p system i can imagine. But still it has a rather big playerbase.

6. lollie

lollie Avatar

Okay go ahead - implement this real dollar gameplay tax, and watch the ingame economy burn and the server wind down.

On plus side I expect lots of things will soon be quite cheap to RMT buy off other players :3

7. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

If I'm mistaken.....ive been mistaken for months, each day i play....sure..........this has been going on from the start...and not just to me...all bow users who use in really the only non retarded way there is...auto attack as you can still move, still do spells, still heal....has their bow degrade FAST....I was at one point taking 3 bows out for a 2 hour hunt...it has got better now but i still lose 30 durability in a evening. Armour is fine, no issues with at all, apart from my leggings that take more damge than anything else....

I am ..............BOWS

Kaisa, Leelu and Gaelis like this.
  8. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

COTO price right now seems to go around right under 2k gp, but it maybe due to bulk trading among the traders. Once COTO is at the point where it's running low in circulation, we're supposed to receive more of them from mob drops. I wonder if that will help replenish the total number in circulation.

It wouldn't be a big deal for me if COTO price goes back down to 1.3k range. If it's going to end up costing around 3.5k gp per COTO, people will have to weight hard on whether to stick on the steroid gears or just buy a new set of +6.

So it seems to me that the new change will affect how people value high-end gear vs disposable ones, so it may not necessarily ruin player economy on the macro level. It's rather affecting the demand trend. Crafter maybe able to sell lower tier gears in larger quantity than one set of supper expensive godly suit.

Sator Faryn likes this.
  9. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Like I said, mistaken or bugged. I hope you are reporting your remarkable loss of durability because my brother and others in my guild use bows and dont experience this

10. lollie

lollie Avatar

The supporters of this system fail to see the implications of it...short term thinking and inability to foresee likely outcomes is no good in discussions about gameplay and how it will affect the server both immediately and further down the line.

Kaisa and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  11. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

'remarkable' hey....... I don't lie, and i don't make stuff up to suit my argument, and i also don't insult people that you have done in a number of post in this thread.....

12. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

I never said you were lying I said you were mistaken or bugged.

Again, I hope you are logging and reporting your remarkably fast durability loss because those I play with don't experience it, and if you are, it should be fixed for you.

13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Yes. I guess you are sorry for them. But that's what can happen in RMT.
    The professionel RMTers know that and deal with it.
    The problem are the semi-professionel RMTers that got screwd over and are angry now.
    But in the end they willingly entred into this business.

14. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Calling people thick because they have very valid concerns about the thickness of players wallets determining the capability of their avatar is pretty short sighted. The durability of gear has not yet been balanced and will very likely be drastically lowered, the drop rate of COTO is going to increase slightly but not much and the advantage of being able to afford gear repairs is huge. With RMT you can GM crafting skills extremely quickly since you can purchase months worth of gathering instantly, pay for months worth of repairs to avoid replacing it and then pay somebody to powerlevel you so it doesn't take a dent anyway unless you feel like it. Top end gear is very powerful and also speeds up your production of in game gold and exp. You are basically saying "You are poor out of game, so you are poor in game. Work 100x harder to keep up with the people with enough disposable income to not care". If anything is pay to win, crafting and repairs for $ is most certainly among the top 5.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    Womby, Kaisa, autodeath and 8 others like this.
  15. reuge

reuge Avatar

I doubt the coto drop will compensate the coto removed from the system. Portalarium is moving towards the coto recurring business model. If people don't buy coto, business model fail.

Coto price can only go up. 1st, current coto supplies are from the pledges and bundle account. Free, hence people do not mind selling them for in game gold.
    Second, port is implementing more ways for players to spend coto. As supply dwindle and demand goes up. The new high price is here to stay with the upper bound of 3500. I think it should hover between 2000 depending on the cash price of gold.

Kaisa likes this.
  16. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

I think everyone needs to calm down and see how this really impacts us (in practice) before freaking out. If you look around, there are reasonable prices for weapons all over. If you are too lazy to shop around, that's on you. Also, as far as the complaints about *having* to use COTO's to repair your weapons, that's just silly. Repair kits work just fine. I've been using the same pair of bows for a month (and probably could use them for another month). I've been using the same set of armor +6 - +9 for longer (and I've only just now had to start repairing it). I play a *lot* (looking at my Steam stats, over 87 hours the last two weeks) and go through thousands of arrows a day. I've never used a COTO to repair anything. As a crafter, I would be more than happy for folks to buy more mid-range gear off of my vendors with the occasional high-end purchase.

Honestly, I would rather COTO's not be tied at all to repair and players have to rely on in-game mechanics, but this is a decent compromise. Port has been good about listening to the player base and adjusting based on feedback, when necessary. What I would really like to see is some additional benefit for higher repair skill that actually makes it worthwhile to visit a crafter to have it professionally repaired (without detracting anything from player's having to do it themselves - they should be able to do the most basic repairs in the field). How about it @DarkStarr ?

Silis likes this.
  17. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

All R36 Dev+ should stay in the Dev+ section.

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  18. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

The bit i have underlined for you, never, wow....

Well.....i have....i do......I can use 2500 arrows in 1 hour. If i go out my primary durability will drop by about 30 from memory in a evening. I will tomorrow do a test, repair a bow and go out for an hour and see how much it loses of both primary and secondary in an hour/evening. My Skill to stop this degradation isn't that high but still adequate, 50'ish from memory. But i and people i play with have to repair with repair kits very oftn, and for me personally from memory about eveyr 2 weeks its the time to repair to full durability with a coto. This is on a bow with 80 or so durability and maybe a +7. I have said i do not have issues with armour, apart from leggings seem to degrade quick, and do not know others with regard melee weapons. But for Bows, for me, they degrade very fast.

Chatele and Gaelis like this.
  19. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Are you using auto-attack? Someone in this thread said it was stupid not to use auto-attack but I disagree. I kill things very fast and never use auto-attack. That might be the difference. Not saying that it is wrong to use auto-attack, but that is what you will see when you use it. Sure my stuff still degrades, but between two bows (they both started out at 40-50 durability btw) I repair them every day. They are both to around 25ish max durability right now. However, I also mix magic into my bow use so I am not relying on it by itself for my damage output, which might also be a difference. But it is the tree that I have the most invested into (close to 800 pts) and i rely on the most.

As an aside, I've never gone through 2500 arrows in an hour of non-stop hunting. Maybe half that. Interesting to see the different play styles people have :)

LoneStranger likes this.
  20. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Yes i do, and it was me. Each to their own of course, but i am not holding down that button, hampering what i do with my other skills, i don't stay still, i move constantly and i use magic as well, and i am not changing my play style so i don't have to pay coto's for repair simple. I would rather have a fire sale than be forced into a playstyle i do not enjoy and have been doing from the start so that i save having to repair with coto's, because of new changes for a monetary revenue reason.

I do not know of one other bow user who uses that method(non auto-attack) personally, not knocking it, good we have the choice but its not for me.

Interesting to note that you re now close to the point even not using auto-attack that you will have to regain that secondary durability, also the higher tier +value the Bow/weapon is i believe the more chance of degradation. Use a normal looted bow and the degradation is minimal from memory.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.