Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Incredibly difficult to pull aggro this release

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by NRaas, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

In prior releases, a couple of knocks with "Body Slam" was sufficient pull the attention of an enemy off my mage and back onto my tank.

However, this release, the wolves in particular are almost entirely single-minded in their engagement, choosing to chase my mage around wildly up until they reach their leash range.

I have to position myself very specifically in order to avoid being the first to be seen by any new spawn (which can be difficult if a new spawn pops up right behind my party).

Anyone else encountering similar problems this release ?

Artair Geal, Kara Brae, Kvow and 5 others like this.
  2. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I've noticed this as well. In my case, I have my Obsidian Bear with me (in aggressive mode), and the mob will target my character and completely ignore the bear, even when he is actively fighting the mob.
    I have to run away from the mob, leaving my pet bear behind until they stop pursuing. Afterwards, they turn around and gang up on the bear, killing him in seconds. In R20, I had no problems getting the mob to target the bear,
    leaving me as backup to fight the mob.

margaritte and Duke Raas like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

but if you where actually working your mage and backing up and working your Tank stepping in you can break the agro. That is the problem working two clients you cannot move / manage them both equally. If another player is / was there they could redirect the Agro Easily.

Also work the reduce agor skill into your mage and hit it just before you move tank in to take aggro

4. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

What if you increase your stealth/deagro abilities as a mage to work with a tank's agro ? Does that have any affect? (Hard for me to tell, since I solo:))

5. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

It could indeed be related to the use-based system progression. My "Escape" skill is pretty low level compared to how it was set in past releases, simply because I only ever use it when I receive aggro, and by that time I'm probably soon-to-be-dead.

And my tank does not even have "Taunt", having not made it to that tier as yet (though honestly that skill was not particularly effective in prior releases either).

Still... I think they changed the wolf AI just to aggravate me. :)

4EverLost likes this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yeah the AI has most deffinatly been tweaked alittle I am sure I had some issues using a pet, but I gave that up since pets eat focus :-(

7. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I noticed something weird with aggro as well... if the enemies saw me first they'll keep attacking me regardless of the amount of damage my tank inflicted to them. In fact i tried to spam escape without hitting the enemies at all while my tank hits them... and not even then they changed target.

The only thing that seemed to work was to stun the enemies; it seems aggro resets after that and then they'll start hitting the tank instead of chasing me.

margaritte, Duke Raas and Duke Albert like this.
  8. Magnnus

Magnnus Avatar

I also noticed that aggro seems to reset when you cast blink.

KuBaTRiZeS and Kvow like this.
  9. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I was shooting a skeletal archer in the back that was shooting an Avatar in the back who never attacked it. Did not pull agro.

Yup!

Kara Brae and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  10. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Thats handy!

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  11. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Wow, a good reason to use it! i was fiddling with it and seemed to be a bit broken... but aggro reset? even better than Escape.

12. Magnnus

Magnnus Avatar

I should note that it's not 100% reliable. I usually keep a skeleton to tank, and if I blink far away from a target while my skeleton is next to them, the target will usually switch to and keep attacking my skeleton.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  13. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

It seems you can build up aggro at all. I tanked also and made some dmg to a wolf before the others entered the battle. Many of them made more damage than me but didn't get the aggro. than one heal of someone and he got the aggro immediately. And I couldn't get it back.

Albus, KuBaTRiZeS and Duke Raas like this.
  14. Albus

Albus Avatar

It actually kind of makes sense, with intelligent foes at least... While healing is the most powerful ability in the game, it makes sense that it should pull the highest aggro? The greatest threat to a party's foes is healing, at least at present (and usually is the case for games with heal in combat abilities, in my experience).

I do think tricking foes into attacking the hardest to kill or least dangerous oppoenents should be more difficult that it usually is in games with aggro systems (always seems funny when foes are made to attack the best armoured foe with the weakest attack in certain other games). In a world where in-combat healing is very powerful, one would expect the denizens of said world *would* learn to zero in on things using healing. Probably on things using fireballs and such in absence of healing, etc. :D Just think of who *you* would try to kill first, if you were the foe, and that should be who draws the aggro in absence of good tricks to fool the foe. I do appreciate a foe staying on a target that is near death though, going for the kill while their blood is up so to speak rather than leaving a victim on the verge of death inexplicably to go after someone else, unless that someone else is *really* putting on the hurt to justfiably draw that attention.

15. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I agree that healing should build up much more aggro than dps but one heal should not override all aggro build up over the last minute by 5 others. It is as if healing cause instant max aggro. The best way to get aggro back is healing yourself.

KuBaTRiZeS and Albus like this.
  16. Albus

Albus Avatar

Yes true, it could be too easy to game the system by throwing in a heal not so much to save the poor guy being eaten *edited to add: with the healing itself*, but to draw aggro easily? Curious stuff to work out :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.