Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Incredibly loud splintering wood sound

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by DarkBlueMonkey, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkBlueMonkey

DarkBlueMonkey Avatar

1. Title: Incredibly loud splintering wood sound
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: When I'm walking around I'll have the sound set to medium. Just creeping through the woods, for example in Blood River Outskirts. Then, all of a sudden there is a MASSIVELY LOUD splintering crash sound. I think it's the sound of the spike pit. It doesn't matter how far away I seem to be, it plays at the same level as if I've triggered the spike pit right under my feet (I know, I did it by accident one time).
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Just wander about Blood River, and so long as you're within earshot of something that makes the wood splintering sound, when it goes off it'll be at full volume.
    6. User Specs: I've tried playing via a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi, the inbuilt realtek mobo audio card, and via HDMI through an Nvidia GTX1070 to a Dell Ultrasharp monitor... I don't think it's a sound card driver issue, it's just that one sound effect doesn't seem to attenuate by distance!

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this belongs in the sound, music, audio, & instruments section!

i suspect it may be the same sound as people are mentioning in highvale outskirts here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.