Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Inefficient vs. Useless Scrap Recipes

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Lao Tzu, Mar 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

As mentioned during the Spring Telethon and in the Missed Questions post:

Here's the problem:

Leather Recipe: 2 Animal Hides + 1 Curing Salt = 2 Leather
    Leather from Scraps Recipe: 1 Animal Hide + 12 Leather Scraps + 1 Curing Salt = 1 Leather

So using leather scraps literally gives you NO extra leather, and you're using 1 curing salt per leather instead of 0.5 curing salt per leather. This isn't inefficient, it's WORSE than not using scraps at all. A simple fix is to output 2 Leather instead of 1 Leather for the Leather from Scraps recipe:

New Leather from Scraps Recipe: 1 Animal Hide + 12 Leather Scraps + 1 Curing Salt = 2 Leather

This would put it in line with the copper and iron ingots from metal scrap, which outputs the same amount of ingots for 12 metal scrap and half the ore. It's also similar to the timber from wood scraps, which outputs the same amount of timber for 8 wood scraps and half the wood.

On this note, this is NOT similar to the Spools from Fabric Scraps. The current recipes are as follows:

Spool of Cotton Thread Recipe: 4 Raw Cotton + 2 Wax = 2 Spools of Cotton Thread
    Spool of Cotton Thread from Scraps Recipe: 1 Raw Cotton + 12 Fabric Scrap + 1 Wax = 1 Spool of Cotton Thread

So although this isn't as useless as the Leather from Scraps recipe, it does require twice as much time to obtain the same number of spools. I already spend several hours per week processing cotton, I don't need to spend 2*several hours. It also consumes twice as much fabric scrap than the metal and wood scrap recipes for the same amount of output. For these reasons, I NEVER use the Spools from Scraps recipe. Here's my suggested recipe (also putting it in accord with the metal and wood scrap recipes):

New Spool of Cotton Thread from Scraps Recipe: 2 Raw Cotton + 12 Fabric Scrap + 2 Wax = 2 Spools of Cotton Thread

I'm not asking for anything special, just a little consistency between recipes. Thanks!

- Lao Tzu

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    Tiina Onir, Uncle Sven, uhop and 14 others like this.
  2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Thanks for the extra information! Looking

Mishikal and Aldo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.