Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Audio Stopped Playing & Was Replaced By A Digital Screech

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Acaelus Fireharp, Mar 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

After entering Ravensmoor, something went wrong with my game audio. The music and SFX stopped and were replaced by a digital screeching that sounded across between white noise and a 56k modem.

The volume of the digital screech was affected by the in game master, music, and sfx volume sliders.
    Playing the harp produced similar results.

I have OBS Studio installed, so I recorded a video whilst the sound was messed up. I had intended to upload the video to demonstrate the problem, but when I played back the video, the sound it had recorded was fine.

My VGA is an Nvidia GTX 970 and I am running stock driver version 391.01 (released 26/02/2018)
    I have had problems with the audio sliders not working properly for me in R51 too, but reinstalling the client fixed that problem.

I am upgrading my VGA drivers now to the latest version, though it looks like the newer driver only contains game ready updates for Sea of Thieves.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Have you completed any troubleshooting via your operating system? Like windows can do a sound driver problem check...

This issue is inherently going to require some individual PC/Linux/Mac troubleshooting with your machine directly.
    Without any /bug or /devbug (QA) information provided I'm sorry to say I don't know where to start to begin to help you.
    @Acaelus Fireharp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.