Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info Needed]Auto-attack doesn't

Discussion in 'Release 38 Bug Forum' started by Wintermute of CoF, Jan 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

28/01/2017 18:41
    Title: Avatar does not auto-attack when getting weapon out and enemies in range
    Reproduction Rate: 4/4
    Blocker? N
    Details: As per title. I need to double-click on one of the mob to initiate an auto-attack, after that I continue auto-attacking until I put the sword away.
    Steps to Reproduce: Enable auto-attack, find a mob, walk up to them, hit Z
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4) System RAM: 32100
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 6144
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Linux.64.546.Date.01.27.17
    Area: Novia_R11_Hills01_ElysiumMinesEntrance
    Area Display Name: Twins Foothills
    Loc: (-107.9, 58.9, 117.5)

Myrradah and Dariog like this.
  2. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Strangely, now that I'm in the mines, it seems to be working at least half the time. Will continue to monitor.

3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Apparently you only auto attack once agro'd

4. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I was aggro'd and losing health, but not attacking. Just got killed by a spider in Hilt because I couldn't persuade the game to hit it with my sword.

5. Tracker

Tracker Avatar

Auto attack was working before. When attacked by a mob, I would start swinging...now, I just stand there. Auto attack is enabled, but I wont begin auto swinging until I use a skill or double click on the enemy. I preferred it the other way when I would start swinging when aggro'd.

Tracker

6. Kliirkast

Kliirkast Localization Team

This is not a bug.
    They changed the way autoattack is triggered.
    Previously you used "T" to switch it on, and "T" again to switch it off. Also, when sheathing weapon (end of combat stance) the autoattack was canceled, and you had to switch it back on at the start of next combat.
    Now it's a "permanent" switch. It is either on of off, but will remember its last state at the begin of combat.
    So if you want to have autoattack always ON, hit "T" once, and voila.

Be safe all
    J from B.

7. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

The way they have auto-attack now is a major problem in a lot of ways. One is that you don't auto-attack your attacker unless you double-click him first. Another is that if you are chasing a wolf (for example), you cannot hit him unless you stop and double-click him, and by that time he's already way ahead of you. (You could of course double-click him before you start chasing him, but that's easy to forget)

Yet another thing is that if a big group is chasing a kiting archer around, a melee tank cannot run into the group and draw aggro, because you don't attack them by running into them. Seems like a minor thing, but a major problem in some cases.

Before this release, yes you had to press T every time you drew your sword .. which was mildly annoying ... but after that everything worked just fine. The way is now is just screwed up.

All just my opinions, obviously.

8. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

but you can use any skill to tag the wolf.. you dont have to double click it

9. Myrradah

Myrradah Avatar

This is actually partially correct, but what Winter is saying is true in the new system.

Also, if you enter combat, its already set to Auto attack - or supposedly. Hitting T would turn it off as it is now.

Auto attack works sometimes and other times not. I think Line of sight may have something to do with it because sometimes, even hitting the G key, I cannot target something until I am on top of it.

10. Myrradah

Myrradah Avatar

Guess it isnt auto attack then....

11. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

it is but the problem they had were archers (like me) who if auto attack was on you'd spray arrows everywhere at anything and everything even if you didnt want to.. so the thing you attack is auto, but you must have agro'd it in someway, such as you hit it, or its come after you

12. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Yes, it is.

I know.

No, it isn't. It turns itself off erratically, however that is not the bug I am reporting.

And voilĂ , you stand there getting killed by a mob instead of attacking them.

I know how it's supposed to work, it's not working that way reliably.

I will try to compile a list of all the skills which don't trigger auto-attack, but I fear the actual answer is: "sometimes it doesn't work."

As I mentioned on another thread, making the auto-attack option part of the deck would appear to satisfy both use cases.

13. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

This is a bug.

I'm experiencing it intermittently. Just had it happen for a bit in Veritas mine: Mob beating away on me while I just stand there holding my swords. Then I go into Superstition Canyon, and a wolf attacks me and I start swinging.

I am seconding this, but don't think the reproduction rate is 100%.

14. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

For me it has been area specific. In the foothills I do not auto-attack unless I take some action, inside Elysium Mines I do auto-attack as soon as I'm in range of the enemy.

Dariog likes this.
  15. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

T to enable/disable auto-attack has been reinstated. However, the current system (while its active) will not start firing unless selected manually or targeted by their aggro. If this is not working, I'd like to know in which scenes, against which enemies (location coordinates), and with what weapons.

Thank you.

16. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

In Twins Foothills: no amount of being targeted by enemies causes auto-attack.

In Elysium Mines: anything in reach of my sword is auto-attacked despite them not targeting me.

Note: I have not yet updated to 547, if there are any changes I'll let you know.

17. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

In Twins Foothills: seems to be random. I get attacked by a thug or wolf or bear and get beaten without attacking back - even after toggling auto-attack off and back (mainly to verify that auto-attack had been enabled). Enemy is in front of me, I am using a 2h sword.
    2 minutes later I get attacked by same enemies and start to attack.

Dariog likes this.
  18. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I was in Vauban Pass last night. My avatar kept standing up (i.e. the drop out of combat animation) after killing the current target, it was doing this even though several other enemies were attacking. This was in 548.

19. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

1. Had monster agro me and rush me but it doesnt swing until I do a move on it o double click it.

2. Mate has issue repeatedly during combat playing a hally mage. He starts off swinging but certain spells hes casting seem to break the swing then you have to hit G to recycle target / click it again.

3. Also I manage to bug it somehow when in a party hitting F1/F2/G to cycle between mobs and players to heal and at some point it stopped auto attacking

I was using a cafted 2hd sword, and other than sword moves I was casting earth/water arrow, banish undead and heal / buffs. Mate was using one of the benefactor halberds and casting a variety of Fire/Air/Sun spells, aswell as heals. It kept beaking for him when he was casting Aoe spells (fire).

We were both in the bottom Level of Elysium mines fighting the ghosts and skeletons down there.

Wintermute of CoF likes this.
  20. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Im finding even when Im hitting the mob with my bow, it doesnt show up as my target to me.. which is confusing as I dont know when its dead in a group

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.