Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info Needed] Cannot use any skills or magics in combat even when I have plenty of focus

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by RobotBeginner, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

This happened to me at least twice. It happened once today and I had to logout and login again to fix the problem. And when this happened the first time, I was wandering around for about 10 or 15 minutes and the deck of 10 cards worked again.

When I was combating with the harden skeletons in the Sequanna Colossus, my whole deck of 10 cards suddenly were not functioning any more even I had plenty of focus and the correct equipment on and all the ten cards are all enabled. I found that all the keys were responding well because I could use the direction key to control my avatar and also when I pressed number key 1 to 10, the skill card was flashed with an orange border. However, no skills or magics could be activated even when all the cards were enabled.

Anyone has the same experience as me?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Garfunkel Humperdinck likes this.
  2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I'm not sure what is happening to you, @Garfield? Are you being stunned by the skeletons, or is this something that's happening and lasting for a long time? Without more information about exactly what skills are affected, for how long and information about which mobs are attacking you this is not something I can submit as a bug to the dev team. Please type /bug in the game, and then paste that form into this thread and fill it out. Screenshots would also be very helpful if you can provide some. Thanks so much :D

3. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

I could still run around and I was not stunned at that time and all the cards were not activating by pressing number 1 to 10. This problem lasted for at least 15 minutes. All skills were affected. The screen was normal when this happened so there is no need to have a screen shot.

I can tell you that this is a really big problem. I am a level 80+ Avatar and I know how to play this game and use all the keys to control my Avatar really well. This never happened to me in all the previous release.

This happened twice to me before while I was in the middle of fighting many hardened skeletons.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  4. Garfunkel Humperdinck

Garfunkel Humperdinck Bug Hunter

This happens to me occasionally also. I can still run around, but all the glyphs turn dark and stop working for quite a while. Have no clue what it's related to or if it's intended somehow though...

Garfield likes this.
  5. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

And at the time it happens, we still have plenty of focus and all the cards on the deck are in active state but no skills could be activated.

6. Mytaz E'll

Mytaz E'll Developer Emeritus

Please include your system specs by using /bug.

7. RobotBeginner

RobotBeginner Avatar

1/20/2017 1:00 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    OS: Windows 7 (6.1.7600) 64bit <----- (Already upgraded to Windows 10)
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 8176
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series GPU RAM: 2032
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.538.Date.01.11.17
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Alley
    Area Display Name: Brittany Alleys
    Loc: (60.8, 44.5, 13.6)

16 GB RAM

8. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

Mytaz E'll
    This is a different issue.. seems the EXIT from water BUG.... (That can be reproduced on water scenes like greymark / ravensmoor) .. on the first reported .. the gliph are active... not grayed

replying to the original bug segnalation from Garfield:

this happens also to me....seems something like the water/exit deck-lock but icons are active and regenerating.. also not working the keyboard numbers and functions to try to launch spells... the only way i have to make the deck working again is change (or exit/enter) scene..

the reproduction is very hard... now is 1 week that this doesn't happens to me.. but if i remeber well.. a day this happens to me twice on 5 minutes ... i tried to reproduce the thing for a 3rd time.. but nothing

i use a lot the change-deck during fight maybe Garfield also.

Mytaz E'll : in this state player CAN'T EXIT from COMBAT MODE (using Z) and also.. run away to enemies to lose aggro doesn't fix the swap COMBAT/NOT COMBAT mode.

my specs are: Windows 10 64 - AMD CPU and AMD VGA

9. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

This has happened to me as well. MOstly after I leave the water in the ocean and then try to enter combat mode (z) and my skills after the timer are dark and will not work but a minute later or so the will highlight.

Ok just did it again but it took three or four times trying.

I went swimming where all my off combat skill darken and when I come out of the water they do not highlight and when I go into combat they stay darkened for about 3 minutes and then highlight by themselves.

This should be relocated to R38

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.