Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Can't target Obsidian Stags

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Sorthious, Aug 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

8/21/2017 1:05 PM

Reproduction Rate: 100%

Details: I have been in several scenes where I cannot target Obsidian Stags. The current scene is Twin's Foothills. I also tried using the Friendly target option to target them. This didn't work either.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4) System RAM: 15990
    GPU: Gallium 0.4 on AMD POLARIS10 (DRM 3.9.0 / 4.10.0-32-generic, LLVM 4.0.0) GPU RAM: 8142
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Linux.64.645.Date.08.03.17

Area: Novia_R11_Hills01_ElysiumMines
    Area Display Name: Elysium Mines
    Loc: (-17.7, -4.7, 3.4)

Debug: Tm92aWFfUjExX0hpbGxzMDFfRWx5c2l1bU1pbmVzfHwoLTE3LjcyMiwgLTQuNzM2LCAzLjQzNSl8KDAsIDAuMjA3LCAwLCAtMC45NzgpfDMuNzY2NTk4fDEyLjA4OTM5fDUuNjg5NTg2

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

There was a patch note change awhile back for the following:

“Next Target” no longer selects neutral characters.

Is that how you are targeting? This was changed based on feedback. Many did not want to select these mobs with auto attack on, especially if it was a Watcher. In these cases you have to click on the mob.
    @Sorthious

3. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Yes, I remember the change to no longer auto-select neutral characters, however, I still want the ability to select a neutral mob manually. I tried using the Next Target Ally option to target, figuring that may be used to target a neutral target. Even though I can't currently select neutral targets, I still hit neutral targets. So, I want to be able to control which neutral target I'm attacking. For example, if there is a rabbit and a stag fairly close together, I don't want to shoot the rabbit. Being able to select my target can be important in some situations. I totally agree with not Auto-Targeting neutrals though. I don't use Auto-Targeting, as I am a mage. If we could use Next Target Ally to select neutral mobs this would help prevent targeting non-hostile mobs.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I still don't understand what the bug is here. Are you clicking on the mob and it's just not selecting it? It sounds like you are suggesting changes.
    @Sorthious

5. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Yes. If I INTEND to shoot an Obsidian stag, and accidentally shoot a rabbit, which may(or may not) effect my Virtue, or I end up attracting the, unwanted, attentions of a dangerous mob, I want the ability to choose what I'm shooting at. As I can't select an Obsidian Stag as a Selected-Target, I am forced to let the game decide what my intended target is. If there is an Obsidian Stag, a rabbit and a Ruffian in my field of view, and I can't select the Stag or the Rabbit, I'm having to leave it up to the game to decide what my intentions are. Hope that makes sense. (^8

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You are using auto attack, and yes it is still bugged and rabits seem to still get shot exactly as you say.

You bug report thow is lacking as you are not showing that you are just hitting the next target and the rabbit is getting shot but the stag never will.

You HAVE to double click on an Obs Stag to actually target them, BUT the poor rabbit is still getting hit with Auto Attacks.

SOOOO

Fix the rabbit or make it so you can hit the stag, not hard to see but hard to explain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.